V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
logical said:
So just change it at 500.....who cares what they say?
Really....
You wanna hear some bitching? Go in there when you are ready for maintenance/oil change and tell them you want to use synthetics all the way throughout the bike. Some shops refuse to put synthetics in because "it voids the warranty" or "synthetics aren't good for motorcycles".

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Rocko said:
Synthetics cannot LEGALLY void the warrranty !!!!!
Rocko, I was aware of that because the package of stuff I got about AMSOIL talks about the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act.

What I was throwing off on is the $tealer$hip$ that will tell people who don't know any better that synthetics will void the warranty. Lots of people out there who are buying h-d because they are in. All they do is ride a little bit, put a bunch of chroms on and listen to the $tealer$ship feed them lines of BS like that.

I'm running AMSOIL 20w50 in bike and tonight, I'll jack it up and replace the transmission lube with AMSOIL 70/w90 and next weekend replace the primary fluid.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
JimmyK, You're right. The debate will go on & on. Hell, www.j-p.cycles.com website has a thread called 'Oil Again' that already has over 300 comments about pros/cons of synthetic oil vs. regular oil.

Wonder how many NHRA, NASCAR, etc. cars really use the regular oil they have stickers on their cars for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.