V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished rebiulding my frends RK and I cant get any oil to push up to the top end. Put a gauge on the sinding unit and am getting 50psi. I am left with not knowing what to do next. Used new HD "B" lifters and still no oil. HELp
You should see oil pulsing out of the hole in the rockers that feeds the oil to the springs and rocker tips wile the motor is running...yes?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Just finished rebiulding my frends RK and I cant get any oil to push up to the top end. Put a gauge on the sinding unit and am getting 50psi. I am left with not knowing what to do next. Used new HD "B" lifters and still no oil. HELp
You should see oil pulsing out of the hole in the rockers that feeds the oil to the springs and rocker tips wile the motor is running...yes?
How long have you ran it, it may take a bit for it to make it up and through everything.

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, Thats what happend. We ran it with the covers off for about 5 min then oil started coming out. I forgot the amount of time it takes for oil to make it to the top. And that was with a hi flow oil pump! Oh well live and learn.
thanks Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts