V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather report this morning predicts 5 days of decent weather here in Houston. It's about time!! The good mild riding season is here at last. I'm looking forward to it.

Later,

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
It was a great ride in from The Woodlands to Downtown today! One thing for sure, all indications are that this summer is going to be hot as HELL here.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Weather here in Central Mass was great yesterday, today is nice, around 65 with little wind. Worked late last night, no chance for a spin. Today I will be scootin' around 3pm. Friday is suposed to be nice and am planning on taking a ride of about 160 miles round trip to visit 2 shops in Rhode Island. (Ocean State H-D and Bob's Cycle Sales) Going shopping for a new Dyna. Can't wait, wooohooo! :cool:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Today is beautiful and I'm stuck at this computer, looking like I'm working:) This weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny, can't wait. Only problem is my new carb is not in yet, so that leaves my bike out, but my hubby fired up the pan last night and it seems to be running fine so I can take the Heritage and he can take the pan:)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hdgirl, I know what you mean. I'm supposed to be wraping up a few things here at the house before i start the night shift Friday night. I really want to ride but my guilt is getting to me....plus i can't stay off of this computer long enough to get the to-do-list done. LOL

Later,

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
It's been raining here most of the day, but this is a good thing!!! Still way to much sand/salt on the road! Hope to go for my first ride of the season this weekend!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
FifthGear said:
".... I really want to ride but my guilt is getting to me...."
Later,

OH! I know how to fix that!

Drink More Beer

Guarenteed to remove common sense and guilt everytime.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It rained here last night but I was so excited about todays weather that I took the bike to work today. What an IDIOT! I got a 500ft gravel driveway complete with the requisite mudpuddles and the roads were wet. Guess who spent an hour and a half this afternoon washing his bike?I hate it when that **** happens:D Bought it to ride though and the afternoon therapy was awesome! Yo Fourhour, Bob's usually has a great selection of late model bikes for sale. My buddy at work just bought a 2002 fatboy from him this past weekend. The place is reputable and I hear they are some of the best wrenches around. The prices are around market but at least they have a selection to choose from. Bobs' is about 1/2 hour or so from me. Good luck in your search!
Sheepboy

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah Sheepboy, That's what I heard about Bob's Cycle. Mrs Jones took a guy down there recently and he bought a Springer w/ 200 miles on it and got a real good deal. Called them the other day, they don't have a web site. But it is my first stop and then on to Ocean State. And while I'm thinking about it, I asked you in another forum if you ever get to Paddy's at Misquamicut Beach. Been going there for years. Great beach and drinking emporium!
On anther note, weather was beautiful yesterday. Got about 3.5 hours of riding. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I almost bought it! This idiot of the other sex was dillifucking with her hair for a couple miles in front of me. Ever looking for the chance to show her my ass, I was rather close. The car in front moves in for a left turn, and rather than go around, she STOPPED! Brakes, don't fail me now! It was a real heart thumper. Not only did she get to see my ass, (briefly) she knows what my pipes sound like too!

·
Registered
432 Posts
54 on the ride to work, supposed to be 80 for the ride home. I might have to take the scenic route home.
Later

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went on vacation last week. Went to St. Augustine, FL. Rented a 2002 Night Train from Daytona HD. Put 450 miles on it, and did not do any long rides. Just a lot of cruising around the area. Sure beats renting a car.

We got caught in a light rain one day, and another day was real wet until noon. Other than that it was great riding weather for the whole week. Sounds like I had much better weather than during Daytona Bike Week. And it snowed here in MN when I was gone, and melted by the time I got home.

Yes I feel lucky.

Should be able to ride tomorrow through the weekend, here in MN. Supposed to be in the 60's and no rain.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
we have been having pretty nice weather here in the big city of sturgis. not bad for april. last saturday we had highs in the 80's and that is unbeleivable for this time of the year. we normally get a good snow storm during this month. the heavy wet stuff. hopefully we won't get that tho, and just stick with the rain, which we need real bad.:p

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey turtle, how did you like that Night Train? It's one of my favorite looking softails. Maybe one day I'll rent a NT or Deuce just for grins.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The weather was nice today....about 80 degrees and mostly sunny. I decided I would take a little ride to try out my new seat some more and ended up at Galveston beach.

You will never guess what happened! I was parked along the seawall and five girls in skimpy bikinis and thongs came up and were just swooning all over my bike. Three of them(Paula, Tonya, and Susan) wanted to take me home with them and I really had to fight to keep them from pawing all over me and taking advantage of me. I didn't stand a chance of surviving this mauling but fortunately a by-stander with a big stick ran up and gave me a hand. Thank god for good samaritans!

Fine print disclaimer: The above story is totally fictional. Any resemblance to an actual true event on this date is entirely coincidental. The names have been changed to protect the innocent. Except for mine. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the welcome fifthgear.

I liked the night train a lot, it was fun to cruise around with. Daytona Harley put Screamin Eagle pipes on it so it sounded real nice.

I am looking at buying a new Harley within the next year, and wanted to try it out. I will go with something with chrome though. The black coating looks good, but if I am buying a new Harley, IMO it should have lots of chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Wow! I'm sure jealous of your weather, 5th! Nice looking ride too! I'm going to the other thread to try and post a pic of mine. Hope it works!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Higear is telling the truth. Well about the weather anyway. I knew the story about the 3 girls was BS cause the same three were using me as a Jungle Jim at the time,

:rolleyes: Ok ok, I lied. There was only two of em.

Gotta LOVE TEXAS!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My computer is telling me it's 73 degrees here in the suburbs of Chicago. Warmest day we've had so far. Should have rode the bike to work, but the forecast is calling for rain to develop this evening, so I didn't want to chance it. With my luck, it won't start raining until dawn...:mad: I've only got 32 miles on my bike...is that PATHETIC or what?!?! LOL I plan on racking up some miles this weekend for sure. I'm going on my first major ride of the season on the 28th - me and small group are going to a "Bike Blessing". I've never been to one, so don't really know what to expect, but I figured that I could use all the help I can get so why not have my bike blessed...LOL Certainly couldn't hurt none. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts