V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone offer 4" bore cylinders and pistons (flat tops) fot TC's? I had a 100" evo and it was the smoothest motor I ever had. Thinking about having my 4" stroke assembly rebuilt, and building a square TC.
Also would SE Performance heads work with this? Cam recommendations?
Would be used in a bagger.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
As long you have to bore the cases to put in oversize cylinders, why not go over square? you can use 4.125 or 4.250 pistons. You can get 98 without boring the cases.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
compressor#v said:
Anyone offer 4" bore cylinders and pistons (flat tops) fot TC's? I had a 100" evo and it was the smoothest motor I ever had. Thinking about having my 4" stroke assembly rebuilt, and building a square TC.
S&S makes a 4" bore piston and cyl set as part of a kit that includes heads, cams, etc. for 4" stroke motors. (See pg. 24 of their 2007 Twin Cam catalog.) I don't know whether a person could get the pistons and cyls without the rest of the kit. But a person could call and ask.

-- gr8whyt

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Compressor,
I'm sure you already spotted the Axtell 100" kit (4x4) that comes with pistons. It's kit #200-200A in black or 200-200SA in silver.

The SEP heads normally come in around 76cc and I believe that kit comes with a 0.140" dome and needs chamber more the size of a stock one around 85-87cc or so.

I would guess that Randy has something to offer also.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tote, I'll look into the Axtell stuff.

Route66, my cases are bored (4.060"), but the H-D cylinders leave a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
4 inch hole

compressor#v said:
Thanks Tote, I'll look into the Axtell stuff.

Route66, my cases are bored (4.060"), but the H-D cylinders leave a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply.
The VERY FIRST T/C we every built, was a 4x4 in 1999. A Dyna. Ron Dickey, owner of Axtell Sales, gave us the cylinders. Needed to make a fixture in order to machine the back side of tappet covers as the cylinder was too thick in that area. Axtell has long, long since addressed that. All in a days work, when working with first run parts. No big deal. In turn, we gave them to the client.( What nice guys we are.) That bike pulled mid to high-teens hp and torque,effortlessly, with a Bob Wood TW-9BG, and our heads. It has changed hands a couple of times, but it is still in the Syracuse, N.Y. area, running well.
Same effort to go bigger though.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
compressor#v said:
We have used a lot of Axtell cylinders in this size and they are a great product. When we have a customer that is going to use our R&R cnc ported heads we use a domed JE piston that we have in stock along with the RR615 or the S&S 640 depending on compression.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts