V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a 42 Mikuni on my 02 road king. It does not spring back all the way when I let off the throttle. Bummer in a curve. I have to physically make an effort to roll it back. Shop that sold me the kit says this is normal? I've used these carbs before ona road star and they work beautifully. Any ideas? Also I put on a SE exhaust love it but there is a high RPM decel break up. Checked and everything is tight. Help.
Thanks.
Greg

·
Registered
75 Posts
No they snap shut. Probably something with how you routed/adjusted the cables.
Remove the cables and see if it snaps shut when you open it manually at the bellcrank.
If you didn't grind the top fins of the cylinders off it isn't in straight or it isn't fully seated on the manifold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put that carb on my '02 FXDX. 2 thoughts:

Did you reroute the cables under the frame? They apparently bind if not rerouted due to the different angle the cable takes as it goes into the carb.

Also, mine didn't snap back either until I properly adjusted the CLOSE cable. Try adjusting the slack in that at the grip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, Called Mikuni America got one of their best techs on the line, and he suggested I Re adjust the close cable with him on the phone. That seemed to do the trick. I must say they were really great on the phone. Even suggested proper tuning. Bike runs great now and the throttle response is incredable. My Road King came to life.
Greg

·
Registered
75 Posts
want to make it run real good?lean down your accellrator pump. it real simple.on the top right side of carb looking at it there is a straight blade
screw. turn in till flush with top of carb. this will lean fuel delivery
from accelorator pump and give clean response
short-block charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.