V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the "stealer " today to get a couple items for the Sportster Project. I asked about getting the latest catalog and the guy behind the counter pointed to a display. There they were...only $4.00 each. I've been ridin' for 27 years, the last 10 on HDs. Never had to buy a HD catalog before, they always mailed one to me. You'd think after 5 motorcycle sales, a guy could get a catalog for nothin! Is this just a local thing with the tighta$$ here , or is it everywhere?:confused:

P.S. The $$$ is not the issue here...it's the principle involved.

·
Registered
266 Posts
East Coast here in VA gives them up for $0. Wife went in and ask and she received! They then offered me another one when I ordered a bike two days later. Hey, $4 is cheaper then they go for on Ebay!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Free at Sheldon's. Got mine last week!:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
4 Dollars ?!?!?!?!?!?!
That is outrageous!
We pay 7.5 Pounds for it in the UK.
That is the equivalent of 11 bucks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
They gave me two fo nothing. Maybe I should go ask for more and start selling them for $3 :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
If they go for more than that on Ebay maybe I should start selling them there. They are free here too.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Free here too, at least at two different shops. The amount ya gotta pay for this overpriced stuff you'd think they'd at least give ya the book!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
94c4 said:
4 Dollars ?!?!?!?!?!?!
That is outrageous!
We pay 7.5 Pounds for it in the UK.
That is the equivalent of 11 bucks!
02's in Manchester only HOG members got it free.
Don't know if thats the case this year also?

I for one Will NOT be buying it! or joining HOG for that matter. :eek:

·
Registered
598 Posts
One shop (local) told me that they can't give them away and that I would have to order one if I wanted one :mad: Then I called the place where I have my bike on oder and was talking to the sales man about different things. He asked if I had a Catalog. I told him I didn't. The NEXT day I had one from UPS show up :D Now you wonder WHY I didn't buy local!! ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
If your dealer won't give you a catalog after buying some stuff from them, much less a bike, I wouldn't go back to that dealer. They gouge you enough for the actual parts.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The CPA in me says this is really screwed up. Even the IRS sends "free" forms/catalogs.

greg

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey ! Want me to piss ya off now?

You can thank HOG.

These MOFOSoftheMOCO have figured they can get away with it.

There now. Y'all can call me Un American AND antiHOG all in the same breath. Then some Rocket Scientist will deduce that being Anti HOG is UnAmerican.

Now curse Jimmy, pay yer forty bucks, sit down, shut up and God Forbid, don't matter.

Want to allow youngsters with the heart coming up to buy American Iron? Good, me too.

Curb your Dog, and if ya walk your STEALER in The Park, bring a pooperscooper and a bag.

Yellow Pages? FREE
White Pages? FREE

HarleyDavidson catalog titled

"Now that we have Fucked, let me teach you proper foreplay."

Four Bucks. :confused:

Hell, why not just buy a book titled, " For Just $20k Even YOU Can Be A Man."

Hey WTF? I think I will write that book! I know some of the current sissys with cash will buy the damn thing.

OH HEY!

POPCORN ! PEANUTS ! Come on ya bastards! EAT ME DOT COM HA HA

Yea! I quit smoking, NOT ONE FUCKIN PUFF! since two Sundays ago.

F W K :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
$4.00 - sounds like that stealership has got you guys by the balls *LOL*

I couldn't even tell you if your dealerships are charging for them or not. Don't visit them unless it's an open house = free food and discounts. Problem is our bikes are older and you can't even get parts for them anymore at the dealers, last year one of the dealers gave me a parts book and the only thing in there that would work on my bike were the foot pegs *LOL*

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Our local dealers here in the Washington DC area gives them out for free, of course the return of all those parts that are ordered easily pay for the catalog.

Want an alternative? Check out the Harely web site! It is a most excellent local for checking out parts! And Free!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
As mentioned, got my HD catalog free, got one free from JP Cycles and just yesterday ordered one from Custom Chrome for $6.95 plus shipping! I hope they reimburse after a purchase.

A (cage) buddy gave me two $25 HD coupons that he got from using his HD credit card. Yesterday I tried to use them at the dealer. Stipulates that they can only be used by the designee and must also be used with an HD credit card purchase only:D

JimmyK, Keep up the good work on them butts! I have'nt had a puff (of cigarettes) for almost 3 years now. Smoke a little of the other here and there and had a big fat cigar Sunday by the pool!:D But, no butts!:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts