V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using 3M's cleaning & polishing products?

A buddy of mine uses it on his NSX and swears by it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy is going to show me this spring how to use them properly.
We went shopping for all the goodies already. I think it's a good excuse
to let him wash my bike the first few times so I CAN LEARN. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lumpy,

I used Carnuba (McGuires # 26) for years, Until I discovered 3M's liquid show car polish. I love it. I've never used Zaino, but the 3M stuff is available at my auto parts store and is relatively inexpensive. Bottom Line, if it goes on and comes off easy, offers UV protection and looks wet when your done, then Bob's yer Uncle

There's .02 from FastLane

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked up the following :

3M Tire & Wheel Cleaner
3M Gloss Enhancer
3M Show Car Liquid Wax
3M Car Wash Soap

Only thing I didn't buy was the 3M Chrome Polish.

Like I said earlier, my buddy uses it on his VERY EXPENSIVE
NSX car, and swears by it. I'll give it a try and let you all
know how it works.

And yes it was very cost effective. They sell it at the High
End detailing and paint shops.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I read on the NSX car site that they like zaino, I'll try and find the link. It was interesting enough that I bought some, I'll let you all know what I think when I get a chance to try it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear Zaino is just the same but rather overpriced. I'll try the 3M out for now maybe try Zaino later. Maybe it's like HD merchandise, overpriced re-labeled 3M product? ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I saw that "test" as well... I'd like to know how the 3M product compares. How much was a bottle of Zaino and who normally carries it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's not the same? I was referring to the end result not the ingredients.... :)

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Its about $15.00 a bottle and not sold in stores (I know its a small operation you have to pay by check). It sounds expensive but supposedly you only need an ounce to do a car or bike. There are two or three steps so you can't just use one product. I spent about $80.00 on the different products, but as I said I haven't tried it yet. I have used maguires products for years but a lot of corvette owners sware by the stuff along with many members of this site. After reading that test which I thought was performed pretty objectively I figured I would give it a try. Like I said I haven't tried it yet but will report when I do. I will bet a $100.00 its not a 3M product though, not that 3M is not good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've done my own personal tests using Maguries, Zaino, Formula 133, Finish First and Zymol on My Vette. I clayed the car between porducts too. After the tests, the only thing I'll use is Zaino. It gives a real deep shine and has the longevity that everybody craves.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Basically, I looking for end result comparisons....

I did not say Zaino is a 3M product. I'm just curious to see
if any other product out there can give the same if not better
results than Zaino.

I'm looking for facts and not third hand hersay.

Just trying to check things out.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Lumpy said:
I'm just curious to see
if any other product out there can give the same if not better
results than Zaino.

I'm looking for facts and not third hand hersay.

How can you reconcile your solicitation of other's opinions and the fact that you'll only accept the out come if you prove it to yourself?

Buy some fucken zaino and give it a whirl. Then buy some fucken 3M douche and use that stuff.

Let us know what your conclusions are.

wyo

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Not acusing you of anything, I posted information pertaining to the discusion at hand, make your own choice. I was just trying to help, pleasure pig posted some pretty good first hand information. If you are happy with 3M products keep with them and best of luck to you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just looking for comparisions, I'm looking for someone who has compared the two. Simple as that.

Why pay for something when we have 5000 members here that might have the info I'm looking for.

I don't need smart ass remarks.

wyodude, you like sex and travel?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.