V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to ask this. I hav'nt read anywhere about just buying the gear on the clutch basket and I have seen them as a seperate part on earlier models. Is the gear on 37T clutch basket a seperate part and can be bought without buying the assembly?
Are there aftermarket parts available to achieve the 3.37:1 gear ratio? A buddy of mine saw the 24T sprocket available through custom chrome but not the 37T clutch basket. Thanks,windwalker

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
The clutch basket and 37 tooth sprocket is one unit. You can achieve the 3.37:1 final drive by installing a 30 tooth trany sprocket on the secondary drive. Andrews makes a good 30 tooth sprocket (pulley) for about $150.00 or so....the only undesirable feature to this application is your speedo will read about 5 or 6 MPH higher.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
if I'm not mistaken, the speedo can be recalibrated with a S&S speedo correction module or Dakota Digital recal box.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
You can do the pulley with the recal unit. We sell the 24 comp & 37 tooth basket with your choice of ring gear teeth. The basket is a billet unit that is a extremely beefy unit . At one time you could order the old 37 tooth basket from HD but they have become a special order unit from most dealers. As well cost wise they are not cheap and are a cast unit as well.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
windwalker said:
IAre there aftermarket parts available to achieve the 3.37:1 gear ratio? A buddy of mine saw the 24T sprocket available through custom chrome but not the 37T clutch basket. Thanks,windwalker
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=633895&postcount=4

HD part numbers are in the post. Seems to me the HD front gear is about $102 and clutch basket with gear is about $251 at Zanotti. If you go this route, you'll need to transfer the hub from your old basket to your new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts