V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate making decisions. It's always been a problem for me. I guess that's why I do my Christmas shopping at 4:00p.m. on Christma Eve - there's nothing left on the shelves to choose from. Anyway, now I'm thinking about changing my front sprocket and can't decide between the 28 and 29 tooth or just keeping the stock one. I'm trying to do some touring so the stock would be good but I do find first gear to tall (needs more power at take-off especially with a passenger).
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
check the vrsca engine tech section, the 29 tooth update also the 28 tooth update, as I understand it then the 29 fills the mid ground from hole shot and had good turn /roll perf. The 28 radically lowers the gearing increasing torqe, good for the around town hotrodding ect, but
distance rides would seem to be not as efficient. any how that how I read the info. Personally I would opt fot the 29 tooth as I feel that some distance rides are in my future hope that helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
28T or 29T

Bermuda:

I have 29T on my 03Vrod, I have tried the 28T prior to the 29T. Although I like the 28T definite improvement on the acceleration side, for my use here in Southern CA which include hwy speed around 80mph, I kept looking for the sixth gear with the 28T. This weekend, I switched to 29T. I still have the some improvement on the acceleration yet I can live with the higher rpm during cruising.

If you use mainly in city drive with minimal hwy crusing then the 28T is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts