V-Twin Forum banner

28T Update

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ketsugo 
#1 ·
WOW!! Now I know I have not ridden in about 3 weeks and everything is going to seem a little spunky, But this baby flat out RIPS!! Installation went without a hitch. Alignment and tension fell in, with out the added adjusters. Launch is Super Improved with wheelspin popping up with a over zealous throttle hand! In turn roll-on has zero engine lugg! 60 mph = 3900rpm, 75mph = 4800rpm in top gear. I can't give you speedo specs yet, or gas mileage[ coming soon] But you won't care! I give it two thumbs up!.. maybe a couple of toes!
Best: Steve

#2 ·
Oh so cool! My heart's racin' already (but yep, I'm still a little concerned about MPG. I'm not actually lookin' to race, I want to be able to take my bike on longer trips without stoppin' for fuel every 75 miles.)

Thanks for all the great V-rod work! Keep us posted!!

#3 ·
Steve,
I do not think there is any speedo error - my calc said 3940 @ 60 mph which is just about spot on with your estimate - If speedo error was going to be a problem - i.e. off the crank then you would have had the same reading as before on the tach which would have produced an approx. 7% error. How much adlustment is left in the belt - any high speed concerns with the adjustment? How do the extenders work and do you expect any high speed problems with them?
Kevin

#5 ·
I am very interested in this modificaton. I am concerned about the belt *just* fitting. I already have 7700 miles on the old Rod, and I plan to at least duplicate last year as soon as the snow melts.

Does anyone have any information on how many "teeth" the stock belt has? Does anyone sell a slightly smaller belt, with less "teeth" that would work better in this application?

Also I would like to know if this is a fairly easy installation? Also can a regular non-mechanical person perform it with his basic tools?

Thanks for the information guys. Keep on riding.

#7 ·
kspz3 said:
Steve,
I do not think there is any speedo error - my calc said 3940 @ 60 mph which is just about spot on with your estimate - If speedo error was going to be a problem - i.e. off the crank then you would have had the same reading as before on the tach which would have produced an approx. 7% error. How much adlustment is left in the belt - any high speed concerns with the adjustment? How do the extenders work and do you expect any high speed problems with them?
Kevin
There is speedo error of 7%. I installed mine yesterday, and 60 indicated is about 3400 rpm but I'm actually only doing 56 mph. I'm not complaining at all, just wanted to clarify. I love the lower gearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.