V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
Thanks to Kevins hot tip, I have secured a supplier for the 28tooth Pulley! I will be testing early next week and will post the results.
This should solve the soft launch issue! Barring any speedo anomolies, this thing should rock!
Stay Tuned! Steve :D

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Steve,
That is fantastic!! Let me know when it is going to be available. I got your voice mail the other day re. the crimper for the IAT relocation thank you. Also I got the V-Mods on the other day and got to go on a little spin they sound awesome!! Thanks for all your hard work on the VRod and sharing with the rest of us. Hope you have a great and prosperous New Year.
Kevin

·
Registered
477 Posts
ChopperSteve,

You ARE doing it! Count me in on any workable, functional, realistically priced 28 tooth front pulley option. Keep us advised. Thx.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Steve,
In my quest to fly I must try everything so put me down for one!How will that effect my Top Speed?Will the belt need to be replace with a different size or is ther enough adjustment to make up the diffeence?
Kaz............

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Hmm...sounds tempting! I'm just not sure if I'm ready for the more frequent fuel stops that will go along with it. With the V-rod performance vs. fuel consumption has become an issue. Ahhh, so fortunate to be having such problems!

·
Registered
21 Posts
SuperKaz, The stock belt does work, I have a little left on the cam but not alot, weather set in Nov not much time for testing, made a couple of runs pulled good, from a roll 110+ came quick. My 28 is made out of Alum. The stock 30 weight was 1471gr and the alum was 415gr. Are there cams out yet?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes SuperKaz, any lower gearing setup will reduce top speed. It will also increase RPM at your normal cruising speed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My calculation on top speed is 137 @ 9000 RPM - Rev Limiter should start to kick in around 134 with hard stop at 137.
Kevin

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thats what I thought. She takes off like a bat out of hell now. I think ill keep my top end and cruising rpms for now. I know Eurocomponents put a new second gear in their magazine machine.

V-RºD said:
Yes SuperKaz, any lower gearing setup will reduce top speed. It will also increase RPM at your normal cruising speed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Tim:
It may prove to lower your cruising RPM. You may be able to grab a taller gear and not "LUG" the engine. It just seems so much more responsive in all gears. I just rolled on the throttle to pass a car when with the 30 I had to drop a gear! Its harder for Traditional Big-Twin rider to get use to the R's , At 75 she's spinning 4800rpm when a TC88 was much lower. I ashure you she likes it there, Anyway its fun stretching your shoulder ligaments by just blurping the throttle at 75!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts