V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just Wanna Ride
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered one of these today and will do the install upon arrival. Looked at the install instructions on the HarleyHog website, looks pretty strait forward. The one question that I do have is the remove/replace of the oil filter adapter from the filter mount. What size hex driver is required? Maybe 7/16" or 1/2"? If anyone has installed one of these, I'd appreciate any install tips that you can pass along.

Thanks

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
No replies...............till now.............

kingsoftail said:
Ordered one of these today and will do the install upon arrival. Looked at the install instructions on the HarleyHog website, looks pretty strait forward. The one question that I do have is the remove/replace of the oil filter adapter from the filter mount. What size hex driver is required? Maybe 7/16" or 1/2"? If anyone has installed one of these, I'd appreciate any install tips that you can pass along.

Thanks
Hey, did you work it out OK? Hope so, I just spotted one of these on eBay, starting $135, so a bargain for somebody - I have the original type and I say, this really looks like it is a much better designed set up. Zanottis show $226.87 for complete unit.

With the type I have, it is 2 piece adaptor and has 5 fiddly little bolts to hold it together, and is prone to leaking after backing off an oil filter *TIBS*

This one is a one piece adaptor so it looks straight forward, just mount it in place of the oil filter, then connect hoses, screw the filter on, easy.

Anyone with the old type should see pictures of the improved model, you will be spitting chips like me.

I guess if I could find the H-D part number for the adaptor alone, guys...???

:)

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Actually, went back to Zanotti website and accidently put in the number 26139-05 and it came up with OIL ADAPTOR ASSY for $66.19 -

Anyone that has one of these and still has the instruction sheet, can you please confirm this is the required part?

Big thanks, John

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts