V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this last Christmas on my website... am clearing it out of my server, but wanted to show it to y'all before it hit the recycle bin.

It was December '76 in south Florida. Was thinking of marrying this girl I was dating, but wanted to test our compatibility level one last time. We took a 400 mile ride down to the keys, west coast of FL, up through Ocala, Daytona and back. She held up, and held on, pretty good.

Those were the good ol' days, huh?

It was a '74 Honda CB 350 Twin, my fourth bike and only transportation I owned, 'cept for her '68 Tempest.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Cool Bike Pic

Love the way you have the bike loaded!:D

When we look back at our lives, it's amazing any of us are still alive!!!!! Two people and luggage--A LOT of it--400 miles on a 350. Wow. I'm sure the two of you loved the trip.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Well, Is this lady still with you or did you give her the boot;)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
...............and then they invented the center of gravity in 1977. :D

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Muthuh said:
We're celebrating 25 yrs next month - who'd dump an OL who suffered through a ride like that???
Damn straight, Muthuh!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you don't see, Hippo, is the multiple wheelies I was able to do unintentionally throughout the trip... C of G must have been invented just prior to '76. Like the pic says .... to be young and stupid again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts