V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a 240 rear tire on my Night Train and I know it's gonna ride like hell, but my question is, is there anything I should be aware of before I take it for the first drive with the new back end?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Well, if you are serious and it is not a typo, and the final drive is still on the left side, hang on to the bars.

It probably will pull to the left, as it would have to be significantly offset. It will also have to lean much more to make the same turn at the same speed then before, and will understeer which is the last thing you want in a bike.

Don't take it to the road to Hana.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh trust me there won't be much winding road driving with the bike once it's done. I have my Road King for that :). This bike is just my stress relief/money pit bike. Besides pulling left do you think it will handle okay on highways? I'm moving to WI this summer so I'm guessing the long straight backroads will be where I'll be spending most of my time on this bike. Once again thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Must be nice. LOL

If the bike is professionally built it should handle no different then any conventional custom in a straight line.

Typically these bikes have very large engines, and if it is a B engine bike it just seemed like an odd choice, that's all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rational side of my brain took over and I decided to go with a 180 rear instead. The thought of the bike taking a little longer to respond and me running into a deer just got to me I guess :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts