V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just watched my bike on the dyno, it has stage 1, and vance and hines bigshot staggard with thundermonster baffles, its a 2006 night train,
it pulled 80 hp and 80 ft lbs tq pritty decent i thought for only cams in it
tell me what u all think....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a Fatboy injected with stage 1, V&H BSS and Thundermonsters as well. Still have the stock cams. My bike on the dyno pulled 78 tq and 75 hp with the Powercommander. Getting 3 to 5 more is not bad. How does it pull in the low end?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea i havent ridden it yet :( snowing hear in syracuse, but will tell u soon geez i never new thay had that much hp out of the box to start my dealer told me thay came stock with around 60 hp not any 75 ive had prof engine builders tell me that as well not sayin ur lyin but thats pritty :gun: crazy:gun: :gun:

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's about 65 hp and tq on a true stock bike. when you add the stage 1 you gain about 10% more. I had the thundermonsters and the powercommander installed and has it dyno'd. brought it up even more. Right now my bike is undergoing a 95" stage 5 engine rebuild. When all is said and done, it will be 115 TQ and HP. Can't wait until spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
FatboyNH said:
It's about 65 hp and tq on a true stock bike. when you add the stage 1 you gain about 10% more. I had the thundermonsters and the powercommander installed and has it dyno'd. brought it up even more. Right now my bike is undergoing a 95" stage 5 engine rebuild. When all is said and done, it will be 115 TQ and HP. Can't wait until spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes a stage 5 bike?

I can't wait for Spring either!

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
What makes a stage 5 bike?

I can't wait for Spring either!
Stage 1: Air Cleaner and Pipes
Stage 2: Big Bore
Stage 3: Cams and Heads
Stage 4: Super Charger and Nitrous
Stage 5: JATO

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Gulfstream said:
Stage 1: Air Cleaner and Pipes
Stage 2: Big Bore
Stage 3: Cams and Heads
Stage 4: Super Charger and Nitrous
Stage 5: JATO

I understood everything up to "JATO". What's this mean? I must be dumb or sumpin'!

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts
Midnight Sport

I think it's a significant improvement over stock. Good job!

I got 75.5 HP & 87 TRQ with a Stage 1, V&H Classics, and SE 204 cams. I wasn't too thrilled at the time, but it was a noticeable improvement.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I understood everything up to "JATO". What's this mean? I must be dumb or sumpin'!
J et A ssisted T ake O ff

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
Stage One Harley-Davidson engines involve no internal changes made to the engine. All modifications are made by changing or modifications to external components on the engine. These components include air cleaners, carburetors, exhaust systems and ignition systems. No special tools or training is required to perform stage one modifications.

Stage Two Harley-Davidson engines involve any stage one changes plus changes to some internal "bolt-on" engine components. These "bolt-on" modifications include camshafts and milling of the heads to increase compression. Some special tools and knowledge of engines is required to perform stage two modifications.

Stage Three Harley-Davidson engines involve any change to any component in the engine. These modifications should only be performed by experienced mechanics with knowledge of performance modifications and engine "blue printing". Special tools are required to perform stage three modifications.

Stage Four Harley-Davidson engines are "anything goes". If it can be stuffed into a motorcycle chassis, it is worth trying. Time, expert knowledge, special tools and lots of money are required to build stage four engines. The ability to run on the street is not a criteria when designing these engines. These are all out race engines, designed for drag racing and other forms of competition.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
fastappy said:
I think it's a significant improvement over stock. Good job!

I got 75.5 HP & 87 TRQ with a Stage 1, V&H Classics, and SE 204 cams. I wasn't too thrilled at the time, but it was a noticeable improvement.
I have the Stage I, HD slash cut slip-ons, SE 203 cams and a PC III USB. I got 75.5 HP and 85.02 torque. It would be interesting to compare the torque curves. Like you, I wasn't thrilled when I saw the numbers, but I was happy when I got it out on the raod.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
These are the numbers I got on my 05 Roadking Classic

Stock:

HP - 62.35
Torque - 69.56

Added, Vance and Hines True Dual Headers with Oval Slipons, SE Air Cleaner and Power Commander:

HP - 71.10
Torque - 76.00

Did 95" Build (HD Flat Top Pistons) and 203 Cams. Stock Heads.

HP - 77.02
Torque - 93.39

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just an FYI on my 95" Stage 5 engine:

My local performance shop up here in NH is doing the work. They will replace the heads with high performance ported and polished heads that they make on sight. They will bore out the cylinders, install new pistons, cams, ignition, throttle body, adjustable pushrods, and cam bearings. They will dyno it and according to them, it will put out approx 115 tq and hp. They offer engine packages from stage 2 thru 4 as well. I will let you know what the results are when I get it back and run it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
midnight sporty said:
just watched my bike on the dyno, it has stage 1, and vance and hines bigshot staggard with thundermonster baffles, its a 2006 night train,
it pulled 80 hp and 80 ft lbs tq pritty decent i thought for only cams in it
tell me what u all think....
Not so sure if thats good TQ numbers for a 204!!!
I had a 02 FXST with reworked stock CV with thunderslide, D & D staggered
pipes, BB with SE flattops CR 9.4 and 203's.
TQ was 96 and 77 HP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.