V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put the Harley 95 kit on but was thinking of putting the Harley 203 cams on so I can keep the warentee in tact. What kind of power changes will I see and feel

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have an '03 nighttrain with 95 kit, 203 cams, HC Cast Pistons, 42 mikuni carb and SE tunable ignition. I am getting around 87 HP and 94 TQ. Torque starts early (around 2100 RPM) and stays steady and strong to about 5000RMP. If you don't want to violate warranty, these are not bad numbers.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
uspatriot said:
I have an '03 nighttrain with 95 kit, 203 cams, HC Cast Pistons, 42 mikuni carb and SE tunable ignition. I am getting around 87 HP and 94 TQ. Torque starts early (around 2100 RPM) and stays steady and strong to about 5000RMP. If you don't want to violate warranty, these are not bad numbers.

You can do better:265:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm sure you can, but how much do you want to spend and do you want your dealership to honor the warranty. You can go with ported heads and a non HD cam, but it may become sticky in terms of getting HD to pay for repairs under warranty.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
cigarlvr said:
I have put the Harley 95 kit on but was thinking of putting the Harley 203 cams on so I can keep the warentee in tact. What kind of power changes will I see and feel
I have .203 cams. I pulled them out of my bike when I went to gear drive Andrews cams. $50.00 gets you the cams and chain, and I pay for the shipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Mtclassic said:
Paniolo, how many miles on the cams? I might be intersted. thanks jeff
Jeff,

They have about 25K on them. Wear is very minimal if any. Even my cam chain tensioners had minimal wear.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Mtclassic said:
Paniolo, well the price is right but I think I want new or at least very low miles. thanks jeff
No problem.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts