V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am having dealer install SE performance heads tomorrow am currently running 203 cams. One mechanic suggests 211's, the Service MGR wants to put 258's but from all I can read the 203's have the best low to mid torque and performance. Need Advice Quick. thanks MIKE

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sure you'll get replies from people a lot more knowledgable than I am, but I am sure no one will recommend you use the se heads with the 203s. I think the 211s are a pretty good cam with the se heads. From the specs, it looks like the 211s would give you better low / middle torque than the 258s. The se catalogue says the 258s are for use in high compression applications, with peak power in the higher rpm ranges. I'd go with the 211s.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
What are you looking for? What is your riding style?
2 up grunt, solo rocket, street racer. The package needs to match your riding style or you will not be happy.
Also, did you install the BB kit and what pistons are you using. All this determines the corect cam for max performance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just left dealer I am doing the SE performance heads. Already have the 95" with se203's but decided to change to the 211's while the bike is apart. Thanks for all you help I will post results Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you also change Pistons?

Assume you had flattops with 203 cam. Would be interestd in hearing what you think about the difference - considering a similar swap.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rsmari I did not change pistons, but I did go to SE Performance heads with the 211's. Should get bike back late today or tomorrow and I will post results. Thanks mike

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just picked up bike this afternoon, only rode about 15 miles and am very satisfied with the new mods. Can anyone tell me what compression and HP/TQ I am running now(I know you will only be giving a close guess). 2004 Wide Glide. EFI;95"BB;SE Performance Heads(with HD Headgaskets);SE211 cams;Stage II flash. I know it will not be exact but I know some of you guru's can come close. Thanks for all help again. Mike

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
TNHARLEY said:
Just picked up bike this afternoon, only rode about 15 miles and am very satisfied with the new mods. Can anyone tell me what compression and HP/TQ I am running now(I know you will only be giving a close guess). 2004 Wide Glide. EFI;95"BB;SE Performance Heads(with HD Headgaskets);SE211 cams;Stage II flash. I know it will not be exact but I know some of you guru's can come close. Thanks for all help again. Mike

DYNO RUN!!!:yes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deuce04 said:
DYNO RUN!!!:yes:
That is exactly what I intend to do. But there is not anyone close to me. I thought maybe someone could give me a good educated guess for now. Thanks for advise. Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
TNHARLEY, I'm doing just about the same build on my 03 Fatboy (SE Heads, 211 cam, ST 2). Did you run your bike on the dyno yet? Curious what your numbers came out like. Thanks.

·
Another Old Fart
241 Posts
TNHARLEY said:
That is exactly what I intend to do. But there is not anyone close to me. I thought maybe someone could give me a good educated guess for now. Thanks for advise. Mike
Mike I have stock heads but with my 211's and SE Slip On I dynoed at
83hp and 99 tq. Hope this helps....... Mike...........

·
Registered
62 Posts
211's

I've got a 95" with stock heads. Upgraded to 211's and love them. Dyno'd at 90 HP/95 lbs. Tq. Also have Rhienhart true duels. Bike has a lot more mid to high range pull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts