V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a 2020 Ultra Limited, two tone and RDSR option. Does anyone has any idea whats the dealer cost is? I equate HD dealers to car dealers, diamond dealers and funeral home directors. You never know what the true price is. It's like they all swore to secrecy. Would be nice to know so you can talk or negotiate price intelligently and know how much you really get screwed.

·
Registered
436 Posts
2020's just came out. Their Dealing on 19's pretty well, the New ones not so much. My friend wanted a 20, he's still looking. Not so long ago they were all Fair Traded, every Dealer had 1 Price for a New Model.

·
not sober all the time
5,108 Posts
I'm in the market for a 2020 Ultra Limited, two tone and RDSR option. Does anyone has any idea whats the dealer cost is? I equate HD dealers to car dealers, diamond dealers and funeral home directors. You never know what the true price is. It's like they all swore to secrecy. Would be nice to know so you can talk or negotiate price intelligently and know how much you really get screwed.
Do you know what items cost at the grocery store or home improvement store? How about the restaurant when you go out for dinner? No telling how bad you're getting screwed. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I've consistently found great prices in Palm Bay FL, spacecoastharley. It's a bit of a trip for me, but always found it worth it. You might be able to negotiate a price on the phone, fly down, ride home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've consistently found great prices in Palm Bay FL, spacecoastharley. It's a bit of a trip for me, but always found it worth it. You might be able to negotiate a price on the phone, fly down, ride home.
Thanks, I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
get the list price on the model you want,,, figure tax license and title.. then determine what you want to pay for the bike,, offer less and work up... dont be afraid to walk away...

·
Registered
902 Posts
When I was in the auto parts line of work, and shipyard work.
100-150% mark up was the norm for profit and overhead.
Don't know if that's changed or not.

·
not sober all the time
5,108 Posts
You may also be able to negotiate a deal on accessories, boots etc. if there is something in particular you just got to have from the dealer. One thing I have done in the past (on cars and bikes) after I have gotten what I believe is their best offer and it's acceptable, I'll think on it for a bit and counter with, "I'll take it if you throw in a service manual set." Some have gone for that in the past.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Be sure to ride by Fish Daddies house. He is someone worth meeting.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Thanks for the endorsement.... and if folks are in the area I am almost always able to meet...

Sure wish our locations showed near our avatars, although I just figured out if you hover the cursor over the avatar info does pop up...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey go to the Harley Davidson web site and then you get the price. then go to the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts