1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2020 models RG limited.
Road Glide Limited

2020 Road Glide Limited. Photo provided by Harley-Davidson
Replacing the Road Glide Ultra, the Road Glide Limited will offer the rider new premium luxury-touring features. This model is intended for long-haul touring and is equipped with “the distinctive aerodynamic Road Glide shark-nose fairing with triple split stream vents that limit rider head buffeting.” The motorcycle will be powered by the standard Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine.

·
Super Moderator
20,902 Posts
Bigger paint pallet and heated grips standard.

That's really pushing the limits of "New Model".

And year after next when it becomes the Ultra Limited what will it get? New air cleaner filler panel and a dash insert.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,258 Posts
another latest greatest overpriced offering from the Mothership......nope.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
that are pricing themselves out of business... in 1982,, when Willie G, and the board bought harley back from AMF,,,, 1 was 120% behind them,,, now,,, I wouldn't pee on them if they were burning... it's all about the money now,. change 2 or 3 small things, and the name,, and add $3k to the price.. hitting $40k for a bike,,, is insane for stock,, that wont fall out of a tree with a push and a tailwind .

if I were given a new one ,,, I would sell it and build a bike,, on a bagger frame,,, not 1 part in the

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
that are pricing themselves out of business... in 1982,, when Willie G, and the board bought harley back from AMF,,,, 1 was 120% behind them,,, now,,, I wouldn't pee on them if they were burning... it's all about the money now,. change 2 or 3 small things, and the name,, and add $3k to the price.. hitting $40k for a bike,,, is insane for stock,, that wont fall out of a tree with a push and a tailwind .

if I were given a new one ,,, I would sell it and build a bike,, on a bagger frame,,, not 1 part in the
I agree. My FLHX is 10 years old and I won't ever buy another. A new one with the 114 starts at 28K. This is insane. I'll get a big S&S motor when the time comes and rebuild the rest.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bigger paint pallet and heated grips standard.

That's really pushing the limits of "New Model".

And year after next when it becomes the Ultra Limited what will it get? New air cleaner filler panel and a dash insert.
Due to my recent crash I did buy a 2020 RG limited. With the RDRS and VHC. I like it. A little different than the 2017 . Bit more nibble with tire/wheel change. The VHC is nice with a heavy bike on a hill.
The RDRS time will tell. Radio is a big improvement, I did install the WHIM. Radio is faster and NAV display and function a big improvement.
Blacked out painted interfering . Heated grips work much better than ones I tried in the past. The 114 has power to spare. I have a S&S 465C cam , lifters , Stealth AC and Jack pot mufflers, for it when I decide I don't care about the warranty stuff.
Maybe the tire/wheel wheels but it feels lighter but I know it is not.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Due to my recent crash I did buy a 2020 RG limited. With the RDRS and VHC. I like it. A little different than the 2017 . Bit more nibble with tire/wheel change. The VHC is nice with a heavy bike on a hill.
The RDRS time will tell. Radio is a big improvement, I did install the WHIM. Radio is faster and NAV display and function a big improvement.
Blacked out painted interfering . Heated grips work much better than ones I tried in the past. The 114 has power to spare. I have a S&S 465C cam , lifters , Stealth AC and Jack pot mufflers, for it when I decide I don't care about the warranty stuff.
Maybe the tire/wheel wheels but it feels lighter but I know it is not.

Enjoy the new Bike I bought a new one because I got tired of the 14 FHLTK Ultra but its my money and I do not care what others say

if you want the MoCo in business for future generations give em a break, not that they are perfect... Go look at the price of a new gold wing and complain about Honda thats for the reat of the naysayers dang if I had to ride my shovel today the distances I ride the newer bikes it would not happen without more pain than I have now

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enjoy the new Bike I bought a new one because I got tired of the 14 FHLTK Ultra but its my money and I do not care what others say

if you want the MoCo in business for future generations give em a break, not that they are perfect... Go look at the price of a new gold wing and complain about Honda thats for the reat of the naysayers dang if I had to ride my shovel today the distances I ride the newer bikes it would not happen without more pain than I have now
My 2020 is in now having the reverse installed before sidecar get mounted. Only 490 miles on the bike. Sidecar has been stripped and in in paint to match now. Set up for mounting the week of march 15th.
16 inch rear wheel is being setup for a direct bolt swap with a 196/60r16 car tire . height VS the stock 18 inch will be only 6 tenths of an inch lower. With the 2020 I can still reprogram Speedometer for the difference. I will need to shut down some of the RDRS system for the sidecar. It looks like I can on the 2020 The IMU is the big one .Hannigain has not hung a sidecar on a 2020 with RDRS yet so they are interested in getting it worked out. The IMU takes over duties of the BAS along with working with the RDRS system.
Dig into it you will kind a lot going on under the hood. with 2020 and up. ECM-BCM-TCU-IMU all tied together. HD lied to me. They said I could shut down the RDRS with the switch. No you can't. You can turn the traction control off only or limited it.
No doubt 2021 will serve some well. The issue is for those of us that color outside the lines. HD is hell bent on making sure you can not touch your bike unless they approve of it and get paid.
My 2017 took a little work around but was not hard to do the 2020 is a different game. I would have purchased a use 2017 replacement in a second. But find a fair priced low mileage was not happening and time was running out .
For now While I have faith in the painter I want to see the Zephyr Blue/Sunglow color match for the sidecar.

Next up of paint shop.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I have the stage 2 I want for it sitting in a box right now. along with an S&S oil pump. S&S 465C cam, lifters S&S STEALTH AC FM jack pot mufflers. Staying with factory headers, CAT makes no difference . Stock exhaust header clears reverse better than most aftermarkets.
Not that I think the 114 really needs help tugging the sidecar.

·
Premium Member
14,525 Posts
And I have the stage 2 I want for it sitting in a box right now. along with an S&S oil pump. S&S 465C cam, lifters S&S STEALTH AC FM jack pot mufflers. Staying with factory headers, CAT makes no difference . Stock exhaust header clears reverse better than most aftermarkets.
Not that I think the 114 really needs help tugging the sidecar. View attachment 268429
Smitty sounds like my stage 2 on my '17 Ultra Limited, same cam, same mufflers.
Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts