V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FXLRS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I introduced myself here; now I thought I'd start a thread on my bikes progress as I build it out.

Starting off with a FXLRS I had the dealer install forward controls and sissybar before delivery. Seat was a little slow getting here but showed up a couple of days after delivery. They me ride with a demo seat till mine came in though. I went with the "reach" 2 up seat. Has worked out to be a pretty good choice. I'm not especially short at 6' even but I wanted to be a little closer to the bars. It moves you 2" closer to the bars than stock.
Soon after I installed a set of Lucky Speed Shops shorty levers in bronze. The color is a spot on match for the Harley bronze wheels.
Then was the Kuryakyn curved, lay down, license plate mount and a MoonsMC V2 tail light. Cleans up the back of the bike quite a bit.
Next came Biltwell Aluma-grips and Mushman pegs. Top quality stuff; I was impressed by both.
Then to start cleaning up the front I installed a tiny set of LED turn signals up front. They are bright but small and hug the bars very closely.
Needed a place for my phone. I decided on the Quad-lock setup. Really happy with the choice too. Phone is easy to take on and off and the way it locks into place, it will NOT fall off.
I like the small fairing but was looking for a little more wind protection. The stock fairing directed air right under my helmet and made riding at hwy speeds less than enjoyable. So I decided to try the H-D quarter fairing. It's quite a bit better; not great but is about as big a fairing as I want so until something else comes along for this bike it'll have to do.
By this time I was coming up on the 1K service so I installed a Bassani Sweeper exhaust and took it in to get serviced and have the Screamin Eagle street tuner installed. Not happy at all with this and have pretty much decided that I'm going to have to let go of the warranty and get a real tuner done. Haven't quite decided on which tuner yet; meanwhile I'm not riding the bike hard; it is too lean to beat on it yet.
Once I got it back from it's first service I figured maybe the bike could continue to lose some weight so I started looking at batteries. The stock battery is 330 CCA but with some measuring I figured out I could fit the Battery Tender Lithium battery (480 CCA) in with no spacers etc. Almost a perfect size replacement; within fractions of an inch. The fact that a friend needed a battery for one of his bikes made the choice even easier; I donated my stock battery to the cause.

IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2596.JPG IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2598.JPG

·
Registered
2020 FXLRS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still have 3 outstanding projects pending.
First I have a outer primary cover from a Fat Bob sitting here. Fat Bob comes with forward controls so it gets rid of the hole in the center of the primary cover (for shift linkage) and cleans up the side of the bike nicely. Looking for a time when I can put it on, just hasn't happened yet.
Second is a set of 5 1/2" pullback risers; just waiting for a extended brake hose for them to go on.
Third is ............ I just ordered a JW Speaker adaptive headlight (in black of course) 8691. It requires that the headlight pedestal be machined narrower to fit but shouldn't be a big deal. While I was at it I ordered a headlight bucket from a Street Bob to clean the whole thing up a bit. Needed H-D part numbers are:
67700380 Black housing
12400155 spacer ring
61400574 black trim ring

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking good. I just bought my first Harley 2 weeks ago: a Low Rider S. Mine's silver. Lots of mods to make. I have a Stage 4 kit on order with HD Forward Foot Controls, and some HD Risers. I swapped out the Stock Seat for a Saddleman seat. Looking at BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, and different suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts