V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,468 Posts
Drove int town this morning to firm up a job for to start next week, so stopped into the Indian dealer. They had 4 Springfields assigned and the first 3 were sold before they hit the floor and the fourth is sold, but not picked up yet. Not bad looking bike, but I couldn't ride it onakinda it was sold. The different geometry is obvious when looking at 'em side by each.
Not crazy about the handle bar positioning being so pulled back, but Indian says they did actually have some doctor types involved in positioning...whatever.
It's interesting that 5 quarts in the same hole takes care of the motor, tranny and primary and the placement of the filter is nice.
I like the RK better.
The big bikes and Chieftains and Classics are all nice with some extras.

I would own a Chieftain under the right circumstances or a Roadmaster if I rode two up.

Indian is offering a $1500 trade in discount after taking the number out of NADA and an additional $1000 if you are or have been military or LEO. That makes $2500 of sticker.
If'n that is the case.

Mom's of Manchester says they are the 4th largest Indian dealer in the US and claim they have not had a motor mechanical issue yet. They have had a couple issues with electronics in the fairings, but it was computer related and easily remedied.
So they say.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I think it's to much front fender for me, but yet to see one in person yet.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Stopped by Blouins performance in Augusta Me on my way back from a bike trip. Just wanted to see their fleet. They have some nice features but I find them a bit bulky. Didn't really like the ruff casting on the top end of the motor. I was more impressed with the Scout. Low and lean.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Never really cared for any of the repop Indian named bikes. This new one is a bit too jappy looking, like a copy of a Yamaha or something. But then that's just me.
I tend to agree. I like the old Indians, but don't much care for the styling of the new ones.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Not crazy about the handle bar positioning being so pulled back, but Indian says they did actually have some doctor types involved in positioning...whatever.
The MoCo I think studied the T-Rex to determine riding position.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
A T-Rex--from the pictures I've seen has enormous legs and wee little arms.
Wee little arms.
Legs aside, they got the arms right.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Stopped by Blouins performance in Augusta Me on my way back from a bike trip. Just wanted to see their fleet. They have some nice features but I find them a bit bulky. Didn't really like the ruff casting on the top end of the motor. I was more impressed with the Scout. Low and lean.
That was done on purpose to make it look more retro. Those are only covers for the head and were put there for that nostalgic look. Some of the Indian owners have taken them off, polished them and painted them black and insulated them. Photo of head with covers off.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Another view
I've only seen one new Indian up close and personal, a 2015. And the upper castings you show in the pics were chrome or polished aluminum (don't remember which) and they were covered with little pimple looking things. Looked really cheezy to me, a turn off for sure. The one's in the pics look 100% better. I like the HD uppers better, but the Indian's cleaned up look good.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've only seen one new Indian up close and personal, a 2015. And the upper castings you show in the pics were chrome or polished aluminum (don't remember which) and they were covered with little pimple looking things. Looked really cheezy to me, a turn off for sure. The one's in the pics look 100% better. I like the HD uppers better, but the Indian's cleaned up look good.
Hard to believe that they wanted them rough looking for the retro, nostalgia look. Or maybe it was just cheaper not to polish them.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Hard to believe that they wanted them rough looking for the retro, nostalgia look. Or maybe it was just cheaper not to polish them.
Can't believe it would be much $$ for them to clean'm up. I'd say they looked more like...opps we missed a step, as opposed to retro LOL. Bad move on their part I think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've ridden all the new Indians and so far they handle better, run faster stock, include more stock accessories, have a better lean angle, easier to maintain, and the engine is built with up to date technology, in comparison to my ROADKING and my FXRP. The paint is soft, and the original leather on the vintage spoiled easily.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts