V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Saw that in the news tonight. Best of luck to them!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Never really cared for any of the repop Indian named bikes. This new one is a bit too jappy looking, like a copy of a Yamaha or something. But then that's just me.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I'm gonna test ride the road master next year at Laconia and put it to rest once and for all. I rode the Indian Vintage last year. Didn't dislike it but didn't like it either. It was awkward for the most part as I was not familiar with the different knobs and switch's.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I'm gonna test ride the Roadmaster baiter next year at Laconia and put it to rest once and for all. I rode the Indian Vintage last year. Didn't dislike it but didn't like it either. It was awkward for the most part as I was not familiar with the different knobs and switch's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one of the S&S Chiefs, I believe S&S supplied engines from 99-2002 or something. It would be cool owning something only made for a few years.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looks nose heavy.

Just like every other make, costs more than I can afford or want to pay.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't care for the domed saddle bags...needs the leather ones
I like the look of leather too; however, they are a pain in the ass. Alot of feedback from Indian owners and others like the idea of lockable bags and the low maintenance. The real leather bags are a pain since they require upkeep through the different weather effects.
Ultimately, this model just gives a buyer more options. I'm guessing this will out sell the Vintage model.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I like the look of leather too; however, they are a pain in the ass. Alot of feedback from Indian owners and others like the idea of lockable bags and the low maintenance. The real leather bags are a pain since they require upkeep through the different weather effects.
Ultimately, this model just gives a buyer more options. I'm guessing this will out sell the Vintage model.
I hear ya. I had leather saddle bags on my Road King Classic. Really liked the looks but there was some maintenance and not the quickest to open and close. Hard bags on my now RK Police are allot more user friendly. Don't look as good though, at least to me.

·
Premium Member
14,468 Posts
I hear ya. I had leather saddle bags on my Road King Classic. Really liked the looks but there was some maintenance and not the quickest to open and close. Hard bags on my now RK Police are allot more user friendly. Don't look as good though, at least to me.
Yup...I am conflicted Willis.
Like the look of the classic bags, but would like locks. I haven't seen any issues with maintenance, but she parks in the shop.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Yup...I am conflicted Willis.
Like the look of the classic bags, but would like locks. I haven't seen any issues with maintenance, but she parks in the shop.
My leather bags liked a little TLC. Not real often, but they needed cleaning/conditioning from time to time. Actually I didn't mind the task as I don't mind puttering. They were 15 years old (1999 King) so maybe just a little dried out. The hard bags on my current King are less fuss and are easier to get in and out of. But that said, if my current King had leathers I'd be good with that.

·
Premium Member
14,468 Posts
My leather bags liked a little TLC. Not real often, but they needed cleaning/conditioning from time to time. Actually I didn't mind the task as I don't mind puttering. They were 15 years old (1999 King) so maybe just a little dried out. The hard bags on my current King are less fuss and are easier to get in and out of. But that said, if my current King had leathers I'd be good with that.
I either use a little Mother's conditioner on 'em or these new fangled pre moistened cloths the Princess uses on the leather furniture.
Piece a cake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually the main advantage of this model is the steering head geometry. It is the same as the Chieftain rather than the Vintage so it will corner and turn easier with the new rake and trail.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's definitely a shot over the bow of the RK. I'll be in Grand Rapids sometime this week. I'm going to let my lookers get a view of the real deal. Wife has '15 Vintage but I'm not seriously looking.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I stopped by the dealer and looked at it and like it, best looking model of the Polaris Indians in my opinion. The new frame is amazing, sits lower and the bike is light as a feather lifting it off the kickstand. I would consider one if I was looking for a new bike.

Having said that I later stopped by the local HD dealer and they had a new RK on sale for $17,099 + fees and it had cruise, abs and crash bar. The Springfield is $21,999 so I think I'd probably still get the RK since it's a better deal and the paint/chrome looked better.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I stopped by the dealer and looked at it and like it, best looking model of the Polaris Indians in my opinion. The new frame is amazing, sits lower and the bike is light as a feather lifting it off the kickstand. I would consider one if I was looking for a new bike.

Having said that I later stopped by the local HD dealer and they had a new RK on sale for $17,099 + fees and it had cruise, abs and crash bar. The Springfield is $21,999 so I think I'd probably still get the RK since it's a better deal and the paint/chrome looked better.
Wow, that's alot under MSRP...I never had much luck getting a three grand off MSRP.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts