V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head pipes still have cats in them. My bike came w/these mufflers on it. They are basically straight thru, but have aggressive raised baffle /tabs inside. Supprized they are not louder. No tuner, stock air cleaner. The bike runs well enough but has very slight exhaust popping. Plugs look ok. If I install DK torque insert ( wavy lollipop) to help the reversion issue-I read this should bring a little more torque back to the engine. Was told these will help slightly richen up the mixture by creating some back pressure-or prevent reversion . Anyone have personal experiences with these ? Or a similar set up using these inserts ? Thanks for you replies.

·
Banned
398 Posts
A novice with no experience will ask about plug reading, yet most here don't know how to do it.
PLUS
with today's gas, it is near hard to imposable without dyno experience to draw from.
Something to read your AFR would be your greatest asset.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I use those torque inserts and they work better for me than the baffles. Reversion is often called back pressure. Whatever you call it, it will not change the fuel mixture. You need a tuner to do that.
If you have cats in the header pipe that would be the reason the exhaust is not as loud as you expected.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not ask anyone about how to read plugs. I have been doing so for 50+ yrs wrenching on bikes, rods. No novice here. I suggest you re-read the post. I was asking about the DK torque disc inserts, and those that have used/use them and their experiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts