V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my transmission replaced within 1k miles.
I didn't heear thhis noise prior to getting the transmission replaced.

it happens in neutral with clutch out, pull clutch in and put in 1st gear no noise.
If I pull clutch in and roll IN GEAR I have this noise. if I shift the gear from 3rd to 2nd to 1st, WHILE ROLLING the noise gets louder the lower the gear I go.

dealer says it's backlash from the new transmission with the gears and it should break in over time and miles. has anyone else experienced this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_lQ...ature=youtu.be

here's a youtube video of the whine in motion

I appreciate any help given.

All bearings were replaced according to my Work Order, including the inner primary bearing

Attached work orders below
the IPB was replaced by another dealer

·
Registered
629 Posts
What was the problem before replacement? Was trans replaced or repaired, looks likes repair by parts listing.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
that is a repair/rebuild,, not a replaced transmission...
manual transmissions sometimes make whine noises,,, its just the way all those spinning gears are...it does not mean there is anything wrong,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry? I don't understand how full shaft/gear replacements isn't considered a replaced transmission? or are you saying this simply because the case wasn't replaced?

·
Registered
16,570 Posts
I'm sorry? I don't understand how full shaft/gear replacements isn't considered a replaced transmission? or are you saying this simply because the case wasn't replaced?
There's no mention of the counter shaft or gear replacement. You got 1/2 a new trans.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's no mention of the counter shaft or gear replacement. You got 1/2 a new trans.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
also referencing the parts list, you can see 35246-10b includes both main shaft and countershaft, it's the entire unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts