V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and I have a thumb drive plugged into the Boom Audio USB connection with about 500 songs on it. It was playing just fine until I chose a specific artist. Now that's all I can play is that artist. I have tried changing the music settings back to ALL and songs to ALL but nothing seems to help. It still plays only the one artist. I have looked through the manual several times and have watched to info video on the HD web site but can't find anything about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? This new Boom system can be extremely frustrating at times. Thx.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Frustrating is an understatement as I've used other words. This solution may work for you.

Go to Find and select a different song. That should take you out of the maddening loop and show you the total number of songs in the display that are being read by the system. Remember to check for shuffle in case that got deselected and you want it.

As a side note, it would be great if HD would publish specs on what the system wants for flash drives (e.g. format of drive, number of folders, number of songs, version of tags supported, etc.). When I put the drive on my computer, I see how many files there are but when I put it in the cycle, it's a different number. If I add one more song to the flash drive, it may or may not show a higher number and it may or may not show the song. Have I exceeded the limit, is NTFS not recommended, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I actually did that last night about midnight and it got me out of the F'n loop. It was purely by accident that I did it and it worked. Thank God!!! ARGHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I would try FAT32 for the flash format and see if you have better luck. When in doubt, mp3 should work. These automotive systems often do have maximums for number of songs, but normally they are up around 2500. Some kind of database issue is my first guess.

Can't help past there, don't have a boom system on my 05.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and I have a thumb drive plugged into the Boom Audio USB connection with about 500 songs on it. It was playing just fine until I chose a specific artist. Now that's all I can play is that artist. I have tried changing the music settings back to ALL and songs to ALL but nothing seems to help. It still plays only the one artist. I have looked through the manual several times and have watched to info video on the HD web site but can't find anything about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? This new Boom system can be extremely frustrating at times. Thx.
I put 936, 50's & 60's music to a flash drive. Basically gives me two options, play them in alphabetic order or "shuffle". I chose the shuffle option. I loaded them on the flash drive by song release date. Nope, didn't do any good.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
As a side note, it would be great if HD would publish specs on what the system wants for flash drives (e.g. format of drive, number of folders, number of songs, version of tags supported, etc.). When I put the drive on my computer, I see how many files there are but when I put it in the cycle, it's a different number. If I add one more song to the flash drive, it may or may not show a higher number and it may or may not show the song. Have I exceeded the limit, is NTFS not recommended, etc.
FYI mines formatted as FAT32,
I typical run a 32GB in my bike, which is pretty much full apart from a few Megabytes (as it indexes quicker) than the maxed out 64GB and even 256GB flash memory I've tried (that was a nightmare for forever indexing!)

my music is all .m4a Apple MPEG-4 audio format, dragged straight out of iTunes on my Mac
so it it usually in a /Band Name/Album folder structure..... with the odd single track at the root level as those Band Name folders.

...and I've now mastered how to edit the metadata so I dont have the same band names but with a slightly different spelling (e.g ZZ Top and ZZ TOP )

next challenge for me is to add Album art to those albums that aren't displaying it (its def got art in iTunes)

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,007 Posts
FYI mines formatted as FAT32,
I typical run a 32GB in my bike, which is pretty much full apart from a few Megabytes (as it indexes quicker) than the maxed out 64GB and even 256GB flash memory I've tried (that was a nightmare for forever indexing!)

my music is all .m4a Apple MPEG-4 audio format, dragged straight out of iTunes on my Mac
so it it usually in a /Band Name/Album folder structure..... with the odd single track at the root level as those Band Name folders.

...and I've now mastered how to edit the metadata so I dont have the same band names but with a slightly different spelling (e.g ZZ Top and ZZ TOP )

next challenge for me is to add Album art to those albums that aren't displaying it (its def got art in iTunes)
Not sure what you edit metadata with currently, but this is a pretty nifty free utility. MP3tag

As a general rule, I've found that using older data types seems to make things more compatible. (i.e. use ID3v1 instead of ID3v2.3)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts