V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2012 Sportster XL1200C bike and I would like to put a Harley tach (69829-06) tach on this spring. I notice the mounting bracket goes on top of the speedo gauge. The tach is a 2 5/8". My question is ; would or could I get a "side by side" bracket to work on my 2012 bike? Kind of like that style better than the "up and down" style. If so what is the part number.
Thank you!:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm curious as well. I have the speedo but no tach. Wonder if I could somehow make it work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 2012 Sportster XL1200C bike and I would like to put a Harley tach (69829-06) tach on this spring. I notice the mounting bracket goes on top of the speedo gauge. The tach is a 2 5/8". My question is ; would or could I get a "side by side" bracket to work on my 2012 bike? Kind of like that style better than the "up and down" style. If so what is the part number.
Thank you!:confused:
I found out that if you want the "side by side" style on the "custom" bike; you will need to replace the handlebar riser to a regular/standard style. Not going to do that so went with the "up/down' style. Have pics in my photo page.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not quite sure about the handlebar riser needing replacement, perhaps on rubbermount? I did have the tach kit on my 2000 C, (mounted above the speedo), but over time I had issues with the bracket fracturing at the bolt holes. Couldn't find a suitable replacement bracket for the stock speedo and smaller tach so I opted for the add a tach kit from H.D. Which gives you the same appearance of the "S" modell with equal sized side by side guages. Could of made up a bracket and reused the smaller tach but am quite happy with the set up as it is now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts