V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know whats up with the 2012 Laughlin River Run?

Is it happening?

Been trying to get room packages but web site is out and no answer from thier contact info?

Any info appreciated

Trying to make yearly plans..

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called today and booked a reservation through the number listed to call on their website. There weren't many rooms left at the River Palms because they are one of only two hotels that offer only a two night package instead of longer.
I also got a $45.00 Uncle Ted ticket as the $75.00 ones were gone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Been 2 years prior, going this year.
Always a good time, it's just what you make of it.
The ride down is great.
We have a LOT of stories.
Wife & I like to people watch, LOTS to see there.
Out at the hotel pool about 2:00, starts to get crowded, we sit next to 2 guys(there without their wives). We always have a cooler full of beer and Jack. (Offer a guy a cold beer he's your friend for life.) Pool area getting full, woman next to us asks if we mind if she takes her top off... That led to others. this guy jumps off a chair diving into the pool, doesn't quite make it, hits his head on the edge, blood everywhere, ambulance...
Ride to Oatman, you see it ALL there, GOOD looking people, not-so-good looking people, every kind of custom bike you can imagine, Harleys(by the billion), Victory, V-8 powered bikes, *** bikes, it's fun. Seen more than a few women climb off the back of a bike in a skirt sans panties. Easy to spend several hours there.
We hit the wet T-shirt contests, drink a little too much and have a good time.
I have a real friendly wife, she makes friends everywhere. We usually find a normal looking couple and buddy up with them for a couple of hours.
Any trip or rally is what you make of it. I see guys walking around that clearly don't want to be there.... Why go??

·
WFO
817 Posts
Been 2 years prior, going this year.
Always a good time, it's just what you make of it.
The ride down is great.
We have a LOT of stories.
Wife & I like to people watch, LOTS to see there.
Out at the hotel pool about 2:00, starts to get crowded, we sit next to 2 guys(there without their wives). We always have a cooler full of beer and Jack. (Offer a guy a cold beer he's your friend for life.) Pool area getting full, woman next to us asks if we mind if she takes her top off... That led to others. this guy jumps off a chair diving into the pool, doesn't quite make it, hits his head on the edge, blood everywhere, ambulance...
Ride to Oatman, you see it ALL there, GOOD looking people, not-so-good looking people, every kind of custom bike you can imagine, Harleys(by the billion), Victory, V-8 powered bikes, *** bikes, it's fun. Seen more than a few women climb off the back of a bike in a skirt sans panties. Easy to spend several hours there.
We hit the wet T-shirt contests, drink a little too much and have a good time.
I have a real friendly wife, she makes friends everywhere. We usually find a normal looking couple and buddy up with them for a couple of hours.
Any trip or rally is what you make of it. I see guys walking around that clearly don't want to be there.... Why go??
You need to make the ride over to Chloride City

·
Registered
288 Posts
Leaving Wed, it's going to FN rain, 6 months in the palnning the day we're leaving, rain, BS.

OH!! WELL 4 days of fun when we get there, can't wait.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A funny thing happened on the way to Laughlin. Last year, my buddy Kent and I loaded up and rode from Bend, Oregon on our softails. The temperature was in the mid 50's when we left and in less then 50 miles it dropped like a rock. We encountered snow and sleet by the time we got to Klamath Falls. We stopped for gas, threw our gloves into a microwave to warm them up then continued. By the time we got to Susanville, CA we were soaked so we decided to check in to a motel even though we had planned to ride to Reno. The next morning we headed out with some more rain on the horizon but that soon changed to wind. We made to Reno, checked in to another motel, ate and rested up then off to Vegas for a night on the town. It's a sad day when 2 men without their wives are so damn tired that all they want to do is sleep. The following morning my wife flew in and we rode on to Laughlin. Coming home was easy, no wind, rain or snow. Loved the trip and we're doing it again. We stayed at the Golden Nugget. Asked for a river view room but got a view of a courtyard. This year I reserved my room in early January. Asked for a river view and a king bed. Again we got a courtyard along with 2 queen beds. Called and raised some hell but these people don't give a damn. Next year I'll take my business to another hotel. Laughlin is rather tame by most accounts though it's fun to poeple watch and it's nice having a cool room with a hot shower when you're ready to call it a night. You don't have to drive to check out all the venues, so only a moron would get a DUI. Fast forward to this year...I bought a place in Scottsdale and thought that allthough the ride would be shorter, I wouldn't encounter any bad weather and this time I would get the wife to ride with me. Low and behold the forecast calls for rain, thunder and hail from Scottsdale to Kingman so the wife is following me in her car. We both like the river run but I think they plan it a month too early. Breaking out the rain gear and heading out in the morning no matter what.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got back from Laughlin and wonder why I even went. The ride was great despite leaving Scottsdale in the rain though it did clear up quickly. There were lots of bikes headed there from the Phoenix area and lots of those "trailer bikes." Laughlin seems to be more of a T-shirt selling venue then a rally and why doesn't harley sponsor it? For the most part, the bands are "has beens and wanna be's" with over priced rooms, food and beer. Since it's close to where I live I'm sure I'll head back next year though this time I'll be staying on the Arizona side and trying out that water taxi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went, but only for a couple hours. I rode out of albuquerque Saturday morning about 6am and it was 40degrees, well got to laughlin did some walkin around bought some stuff then headed to phoenix for the night to stay with some buddies. Got up the next day and headed back to albuquerque.Maybe next year I will actually have money to stay and party a little.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts