V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The name Super Glide has been a part of Harley-Davidson's vocabulary for 41 years. While not a model continuously in the lineup since the first SG – penned by Willie G. Davidson – was introduced in 1971, the name Super Glide has surfaced on and off over the years.

In 2012 the Super Glide Custom continues the tradition of representing the core product from the Milwaukee company: a cruiser that sticks to classic Harley styling, has a low seat height matched with an easy-going ergonomic fit and is powered by a 45-degree, air-cooled, pushrod big-bore V-Twin. The Super Glide Custom, in many ways, is Harley-Davidson.

The SGC perpetuates the Super Glide lineage but brings that lineage into the 21st century with conveniences like fuel injection, which offers precise throttle response, and electric start – a far cry from the original Super Glide's kickstart-only method of firing up its Big Twin.

More: 2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom Review on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
better dyna

nice bike for sure, i like optional tubeless wire wheels.with longer shocks, longer forks with cartridges and adjustability and better brakes, all the upgrades i did to my 06 sporty. if i ever replaced the sporty the super glide would be it!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts