V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2" baffle on my Rush mufflers that I had on my 09 Road King. Sold the bike and removed the mufflers. I bought a 2011 Ultra Classic and was going to put the mufflers on the Ultra with the Vance and Hines fuel pak and a K & N air filter. I was told that the 2" baffle was to small for the Ultra, and it would blow the 02 sensors out of the pipe. I would have to go to the 2.5" baffle. Has anyone heard of this or had any trouble. I like my 2" baffle, the sound and everything. That is why I took them off my Road King. I travel through different states and do not want to deal with being pulled over because of noise. Never had a problem with the mufflers on the Road King, everything was stock except the mufflers. Any ideas would help.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
I have the 2" baffle on my Rush mufflers that I had on my 09 Road King. Sold the bike and removed the mufflers. I bought a 2011 Ultra Classic and was going to put the mufflers on the Ultra with the Vance and Hines fuel pak and a K & N air filter. I was told that the 2" baffle was to small for the Ultra, and it would blow the 02 sensors out of the pipe. I would have to go to the 2.5" baffle. Has anyone heard of this or had any trouble. I like my 2" baffle, the sound and everything. That is why I took them off my Road King. I travel through different states and do not want to deal with being pulled over because of noise. Never had a problem with the mufflers on the Road King, everything was stock except the mufflers. Any ideas would help.
Sounds like who ever told you that is blowing smoke out their ass, I've never heard of such a goofy idea, blow O2 sensors out of the pipe:spank:. You can use those mufflers with no problems, they will not sound the same on the 2011 as they did on your 09 due to the catalytic converter in the head pipe of the 11. Bolt them on and take a nice ride and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts