V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, would you happen to know if a gas tank for a 2010 Electra glide (or touring) could be modified to fit a 1992 Electra glide (or touring) frame. I tried to locate pictures of each frame but have not had any luck. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
145 Posts
2010 is a fuel injected tank 1992 is carb so there is no provision for a fuel valve. It could be jury rigged but the correct answer is NO.

·
Registered
17,164 Posts
2010 is a fuel injected tank 1992 is carb so there is no provision for a fuel valve. It could be jury rigged but the correct answer is NO.
With a welder and a torch anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
145 Posts
With a welder and a torch anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes it is as I and some others on here could Tig weld a gas valve fitting into a fuel injection tank to make it usable for a carbureted bike, but us that could do it would not have to ask. The fact that the op asked tells me he can't and it is out of his scope of expertise. If you wanted to do it you could even without a welder but it's not a great idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is as I and some others on here could Tig weld a gas valve fitting into a fuel injection tank to make it usable for a carbureted bike, but us that could do it would not have to ask. The fact that the op asked tells me he can't and it is out of his scope of expertise. If you wanted to do it you could even without a welder but it's not a great idea.
thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts