V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200H...595930186QQcategoryZ10062QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Vehicle Description

200HP---219 FT-IBS OF TORQUE W3 Arlen Ness Chopper
This is an Arlen Ness Y2K chopper. Professionally built with a Feuling W3 powerplant. The unique finish is chrome with a green transparent powdercoat "green chrome". You've got to see it to believe it. The awesome Fueling W3 is built and based off of a Harley Davidson
88 inch twin cam engine. All gaskets and internal components are Harley Davidson, including the crankshaft. The engine cases were machined by Feuling Motor Company. This engine comes with a 12/12warranty. It could be tuned and serviced by any Harley Davidson mechanic. It just has one more cylinder. The external engine components are Harley Davidson; transmission, rubber dyna engine mounts, starter motor, alternator, etc. This bike has won Best of Show in the radical class at Easy Rider and many more.....

An experience you won't believe until you get on and ride! Smooth....Raw..... Torque.....Nothing compares!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I'd love to hear that thing run.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Middle pipe looks like it runs hotter than the outer two. How do they use a Harley crank on a 3 cyl. bike?

What is the sound of it? ... Potato chip... potatoe chip... potato chip?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hdmarsh77 said:
I'd love to hear that thing run.
The forum I nabbed the link off of related it to sounding like two Sportsters running side-by-side. I bet it sounds pretty bad ass!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some Guy said:
Middle pipe looks like it runs hotter than the outer two. How do they use a Harley crank on a 3 cyl. bike?

What is the sound of it? ... Potato chip... potatoe chip... potato chip?
All those cylinders look like they're on the same plane, so it's probably still a single pin crank. I have no idea how they hooked 'em up, but I bet it shakes like hell!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
sthorp said:
Is this a joke or for real?
Oh it's for real all right. You used to be able to buy a kit with the engine and frame from Feuling a few years back. I don't know if you still can.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Feuling was really a genius. That three cylinder is a scream. I believe it uses a master connecting rod with two linked rods like a radial aircraft engine. I think it has three Evolution cylinders. Cycle World had a write up on it a couple of years ago before Mr. Feuling passed away.

He also used to make four valve heads for Evos. Everything he built was above average, IMHO. Sorry that he left us so soon.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
newultraclassic said:
Feuling was really a genius. That three cylinder is a scream. I believe it uses a master connecting rod with two linked rods like a radial aircraft engine. I think it has three Evolution cylinders. Cycle World had a write up on it a couple of years ago before Mr. Feuling passed away.

He also used to make four valve heads for Evos. Everything he built was above average, IMHO. Sorry that he left us so soon.
Yep. You also used to be able to hear it on the Feuling site. It sounded awesome and it ran strong as hell too. The man was a genius.

GC

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I think this is pretty cool. It's great to see something different from other "custom" builds, that are now so run of the mill. This is the kind of stuff those PITA TV builders should be doing. I'd watch the friggin' shows if they did this stuff instead of the fabricated bickering and what is now common place choppers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
On one of the "Biker Build Off" shows, Cory Ness put one of these engines in the bike he built. Wicked looking, for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
he also made center fire heads for big block chevys and fords,I have some of those 4 valve
heads and the intake that uses 2 carbs jim fueling was quite the inventer and engineer
google his name if you want two know more

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Hi Max.

Did you see that this post was last responded to in December of 2005?

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
When this motor first became available looked into buying one for the power only.Trouble was you had to buy their frame,custom exhaust,talk about expensive.I got my near 200 hp using an R&R Twincam,slightly modifying a Road King frame,for a lot less dollars.No doubt the W3 would be a great conversation piece.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts