V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Well, after talking to 2 dealers I got 2 seprate answers. One dealer stated your SOL! The other said it's covered, but, can't see you for 2 weeks. Yesterday I was our riding and stopped in at Moroney's hd (annual spring open house), expecting the same ol' story. To my suprise they not only said it was covered but had it replaced in few hrs. Lori in the service dept. was great! If your ever in the Hudson valley I would recommend you stop there.
Well, I would tell those ****s at the dealer that stated your SOL that they will be SOL on any future business with you. Just my 2 cents on that. Whatever goes around comes around. They could've fixed that tire, they just didn't want to do the paperwork on it.

Shane

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had my 09 UC down at Myrtle Beach Bike week and took it to Shalotte HD for the tank recall and asked about tire recall. They fixed tank and checked and my original warranty was out but had extenede warranty and so they replaced front with 408F. No questions asked. They are great guys to deal with for all my service, I go there and they are 130 miles one way to get there.
Just my $.02.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Came across this when I started feeling a vibration. Noticed the steer tire cupped, and of course, did a search. 8200 miles, 1/32 of tread left, and ran out of warranty in April, it cost me 188.83 for a new tire installed. I guess them paying half for a new tire is better than a kick to the head...

·
Registered
92 Posts
well just left the dealer after having my 407 replaced on my 09 rkc.the dealer never said a word about the recall.i bought the tire and paid to have it put on.i guess ive been taken on this one.the tire had 15000 on it an it was cupped pretty bad.service mananger told me it was due to improper inflation.i just now came across this threat.i also have to have my compensator replaced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had the same Problem on my 2009 flhx, told the dealer here in Germany about the recall. he didn´t know about ist, so i paid the full price. told him though, that ist a Kind of ripoff.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
can't believe people are still running 2009 Tires, don't you guys ever ride? damn!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
My tires almost never last full 2 seasons

41 - 49 of 49 Posts