V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first had thin in the engine section, but I think it fits better here.

I bought a new 2008 Ultra.. (candy red sunglow).:)
Have over 2000 miles on it.
I am ready to start changing a few things, and wonder what others have done and found that works.. Really never sure until it is tried..

I have a set of Reinhardt True Duals, and

SE Breather ready to put on..

Has anyone did this setup yet, and hows it doing ???
Plan a stage 1 reflash for now at the same time.

Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Well, I was told to wait for the 08 SERT software before changing the exhaust. The Flash for the SE Air Cleaner won't add enough fuel to cover the freer breathing exhaust.

I did the SE AC and flash and noticed a nice improvement in performance (measured by speed gain over a measured distance in 5th gear, 105 stock, 115 after AC and flash... run out of road to go any faster).

So we have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

That Sunglo Red has a nice pop to it, don't it :yes:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I didn't know they had the SE/AC for the 08 tourers yet... Guess I'm in! I'll let my dealer know to add it when the bike comes in next week along with the flash. How much$$ was it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
This may sound crazy, but how can they do a flash on a closed loop system? The system reads the O2 sensors and automatically adjusts to 14.7:1 AFR. What exactly are they changing? I have talked to several local dealers who say a flash doesn't exist for '07 and '08's. They say a SERT is the only option, and that you are paying for a non-existant flash.

I don't know, I'm just asking.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Highmiles said:
This may sound crazy, but how can they do a flash on a closed loop system? The system reads the O2 sensors and automatically adjusts to 14.7:1 AFR. What exactly are they changing? I have talked to several local dealers who say a flash doesn't exist for '07 and '08's. They say a SERT is the only option, and that you are paying for a non-existant flash.

I don't know, I'm just asking.
Only some fields have the 14.7:1 afr, and if thier values are changed, they are outside of the closed loop system

·
Registered
428 Posts
route66paul said:
Only some fields have the 14.7:1 afr, and if thier values are changed, they are outside of the closed loop system

Doesn't that seem like a waste? Why bother if you will still cook in traffic?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts