V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some thoughts on the 2008 HD deluxe. I can’t find much for reviews online. I am very interested in purchasing the bike and will take it for a demo on Wednesday. Again, just looking for feedback of those who have put many miles on a deluxe. I attached picture of bike. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2006 Deluxe and love it. I have 10,500 on the clock and no problems whatsoever. I'm 5'7", so the low seat height is perfect. Really great bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I decided against getting the bike. Went to dealer and upon further inspection of bike, there was just way to many visual issues with it. Also, took it for a test drive and it felt like a bike that has been sitting for awhile. I’m now looking at a 2015 Heritage Softail Classic

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
How does a bike that has been sitting awhile feel differently to one that hasn't?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes flat spots on tires. A lot of sputtering. Felt sluggish. I don’t know much about the mechanics of a motorcycle. However, I’m guessing the bike should have been flushed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes flat spots on tires. A lot of sputtering. Felt sluggish. I don’t know much about the mechanics of a motorcycle. However, I’m guessing the bike should have been flushed.
i hope to make a long story short in one sentence, im riding 08 softail heritabe classic and i couldnt be hapipier. it looked fresh out the dealer showroom i almost walked and sometimes i wonder why i didnt walk and not buy the 08, but i did and i like tinker around pull the airfilter will speak about how well someone cares, when i pulled this A/C off i had a KandN ready but upon inspection the inside of A/C looked a little rusty as in not polished like the rest so i took my time to hand polish the inside, today i just cleaned and reoiled the KandN and it breathes way better than new in my opinion??

·
Registered
15 Posts
my first reaq expense i went w. a Metzler rear tire cruisetek newest compound and has plenty traction.if anything go w. Metzler for rubber. i do like KandN for air filter also it was neglected by previous owner so much they used teflon tape on drain plugs instead new o-ring now thats fucking stupid it took me some time scraping that **** from threads and had a hard time installing the transmission plug lucky i realized it has a allen hole in center of plug gave me more feel to start it into drain hole cause those 2 shocks are in the way to use bare hands and was trying use a 5/8 sparkplug socket i stuffed w. cardboard so plug could slip inside took me awhile to realize there must be a better way so i did use an allen wrench and drain plug went right in, is a fine threaded plug would prefer i could start by hand, but close enuff.. next im going try remove comensator bolt to get at the STATOR i am going to heat it before hand.. i am expecting the tensioner is factory so im hoping the rotor is fime otherwise im going to install Baker components. Have a good 1 hope to see your Harley/ just make it yours, the dealer i got mine only inspected and didnt do anything other that make it safe for me drive home and i went straight home, i know my literacy skills SUCK , and im not hear for learning how to make proper sentences..

·
Thanks! I needed that.
3,263 Posts
Put 60,000 mi on a 2006 Deluxe including multiple trips from the Philly area to Eureka Springs AK along with a trip to San Antonio and Sutrgis for 'Bike Week'. That being said, after my trip to Sturgis I finally realized while a great bike for around town and medium length trips; it was not the quintessential bike for long rides. Love my CC! :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
How does a bike that has been sitting awhile feel differently to one that hasn't?
When went shopping for a 07 Dyna custom i wanted it so bad i could taste it. I was only interested in that Dyna and was shown every other Harely on this lot(wasnt a HD dealership), i had in my mind to get the quietest harley like no exhaust modifications, i wanted to walk and i did they were showing me everthing but want i came to look at as i walked out the sales guy was like sir can you just look at this last one then they explained they just got it wasnt even advertise for sale so i bit the bait was like all original 08 heritage classic low miles and was not a scratch (at least) on it. So i almost was ready to leave and say i wanted the Dyna but oh well im leaving but i went sat down in their showroom and they started the dyna outside i was like cool that **** was loud im glad i didnt buy Dyna had exhaust upgrade open staggered and loud as ****, then they started the flhstc and it was amazing you could not hear it but i ran outside told them i changed my mind anyway i can by the 08 dyna was a 07 but more affordable it was a beautiful dyna custom from harley just the exhaust was aftermarket and sounded like they took out the packing too. I am very happy w. 08 softail heritage classic. I realised how ugly those shocks look on dyna doesnt seem like a harley looks more like Suzuki?

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
I ended up going to a different dealer and rode a 2015 Heritage Softail along with, a Indian Chief Classic. I went with the Indian
I like the left side manifold pipe isn't exposed to burn your thigh off. Nice color.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts