V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in the seat threat, got about 20 views but no answers, so I thought I'd ask it here too. I mean, I already ordered the bike so it ain't that big a deal but I noticed on the MOCO website they're advertising a "new one piece two up road king classic" seat on the 08 RK FLHR. Does that mean the bike doesn't have the easily removable pillon thingy anymore? If not, again, no big deal. I'll just plan on ordering up a Mustang or some such solo in advance of getting the bike but if any of you know I'd appreciate an answer. Well, either that or I'll take a look at the 08 RK standards the next time I'm at a dealer.

Zoo

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
angleflights said:
That is correct, but I could be wrong. :corn:
LOL, ok. With all the improvements on the 08 over 07 touring models, I guess the seat is a pretty minor thing to b!tch about. But hey, I would have liked to have been able to just pop that pillon off.

·
banal
486 Posts
I believe the RK Classic has always had a 1 piece seat, and only the RK standard has come with the solo/pillion set-up. The RK Custom also came with a one piece seat, but different from the Classic. My impression is all the RK stock seats suck, but the one that came on the Custom looked the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts