V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another odd one for you:

I took delivery of my new Canadian spec. '07 Ultra in September after returning to Saudi following my vacation. I had them do a few things including stage 1 air filter and SE mufflers while I was gone. Most of the bikes here are HDI spec. which means no more SE air filter. Yup, you heard right, Europe outlawed that upgrade. Anyway, that shouldn't affect US or Canadian bikes.

My bike pinged and ran really hot, I gave it a little while considering October was really hot even for here, break in etc. At the first service I was talking with the tech's and they said, according the the digital technician, there was no re-calibration available for the 2007's. HUH? said I, your sales catalog is mistaken then. Their Digital technician is taking this week off due to blowing a board or something so they can't look it up to show me. The Saudi shops all go through the mainframe in England for their info, so I'm guessing that the IT guy in Milwaukee set up England's computer knowing that they only get HDI bikes. Nobody told him that Canadian bikes go through the distributor in the UK on the way to the Middle East. Again, this is my guess.

They have approved a 103 stage 1 re-cal for me, but they also want me to find the P/N for the 96 stage 1 re-cal so they know what to look for when the DT comes back to work!!

Does anybody have the P/N for the 2007 re-calibration so I can do their job for them?

I want to keep the bike US EPA legal in case I want to take it home with me when I leave, so no Power Commander or aftermarket mufflers for now. I know I could buy and hide a SERT, but at well over $400 bucks to buy and ship it over here and no other upgrades planned that is overkill.

:thanks:

·
Registered
15 Posts
John,

There are 2 Stage 1 canned downloads available for our motorcycles. I added the K & N hi-flo aircleaner to my '07< I refused to buy a SERT. My dealer did the right thing and did the Stage 1 canned download for me. Many stealers won't do it, rather they want to sell you the SERT, some charge $149.00 US for the download. The download did help a little with the heat, but I found the shields did away with my heat issues. I purchased the H-D shields, they are chintzy looking compared to the RJ Originals, but do the job.

Get the download and get a set of RJ or H-D shields, you will enjoy the ride more.

I might have the download part numbers, if i find em i will PM you.

JOHN

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John;
Since I posted the first question I have heard that nobody in Europe or the Middle East has access to anything but the HDI model '07-08 downloads for some reason. I could use one of them but I would get all sorts of error codes because of the active exhaust used on all European bikes now. I guess the moco forgot that not all the bikes over here are the HDI version.
I finally broke down and ordered a SERT and some other goodies from Zanotti's, should be here in a week or so.
The P/N would be great, the dealer here is still skeptical that it even exists for the later model bikes!!
Oh, just fyi for everybody, the 103 kit is not available for Europe anymore either, so I can't even do a 103 download!!

Take care,
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just googled the Event Number from my last invoice and got this....

http://www.cvoharley.com/yabb2/Attachments/M1186.pdf

For some reason my invoice lists event #34454A/DT, 1584 Dyna Softa @ $149.95.

According to the SB, it should have been upgraded to 34454B/DT, and it should have been for a FLHTC not a Softail. No matter, the downloads are the same part numbes for either. I will check with my dealer, looks like he put the starting download number on the bill rather than the after download number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts