V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put the wheels and tires from a 2007 Screamin Eagle Roadking on a 2007 FLHX. The front is 18"x3.5" with a 130/70 R 18 tire. The rear is 17"x4.5" with a 170/60 R 17 tire. I know the Screamin Eagle Roadking has a wider swingarm but there appears to be plenty of clearance for a 1 inch wider rim on my stock FLHX. I have read that 150/70 R 18 was the biggest tire you could put on the rear but I would be using a 17" rim not an 18" rim. Also If I used a slightly smaller tire on the rear could this combination be used? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
belt clearance

I've not changed rims and tires sizes on more than a few bikes. The only issue that seems to creep in now and then was clearance between the tire sidewall and the drive belt. If in fact there are differences in the swingarms than there has to be some difference in the spacers involved or the actual rims are different at the hub. A parts book might give you some ideas as to all the things that might be different.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
jcbjr said:
I would like to put the wheels and tires from a 2007 Screamin Eagle Roadking on a 2007 FLHX. The front is 18"x3.5" with a 130/70 R 18 tire. The rear is 17"x4.5" with a 170/60 R 17 tire. I know the Screamin Eagle Roadking has a wider swingarm but there appears to be plenty of clearance for a 1 inch wider rim on my stock FLHX. I have read that 150/70 R 18 was the biggest tire you could put on the rear but I would be using a 17" rim not an 18" rim. Also If I used a slightly smaller tire on the rear could this combination be used? Any input would be appreciated.
I know for a fact a 160/60/18 will fit on a street glide. Looks possible Metzeler makes a few smaller 17" rears a 160 and a 140, in different sidewall height/sizes. I hate to say it but really the only way to know for sure is to get the bike up in the air and physically try it on your bike. Sounds feasible 'tho.
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts