V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
xkvator said:
...will be held at the factory, not the fairgrounds
http://www.yorkopenhouse.com/
Hmmm...the year before the production company that puts on Carlisle took over the event at the fairgrounds and had a big crowd (a few minor problems but overall a good event)...last year the vendors/entertainment seemed a little on the short side but it was still ok and the crowds were pretty big still. Gotta wonder what the factory will offer and will they dominate the vendor/entertainment side of things...I don't wanna visit the biggest MoCo show on earth resplendent with test rides and over priced chrome and motor clothes!!! Prolly won't allow tat artists, bikini girls either (could be I'm completely wrong though):whatever:

I'll miss the York Bike Night and parade though...

·
Ironbutt
82 Posts
This event originally started at the factory in the 80's. And had a vendors from varies places. I know times have changed so it will be interesting to see how it is put together

·
Registered
16 Posts
open house

Last year it was a mad house at the moco and that was without all the hoopla from the fairgrounds... i dont understand ( :dunno: ) how some people think some times... I guess we will see. :yikes: I will be watching :corn:
I am a local here in York, Pa
I welcome all, the more the merrier
Bring it on!
:chopper:
Rip

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
It just makes me wonder what it truly behind this change? The area around the Moco is not nearly large enough to accomodate anywhere near the stuff that used to go on. I can't see the event being very good if they're limiting it to the Moco area.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am wondering if Hd just trying to capitalize on it by having it on property > Cha Ching more $$ in HD pockets, vender space and possibly more sales for their dealers . Figure some just do the tour and dont go to fairgrounds so Dealers loose out. Its Gotta be about the dollar

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I didn't make the factory tour last year, there was plenty to see at the fair grounds. I am looking forward to seeing the factory this year. And taking the tour. I'll be there!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I didn't make the factory tour last year, there was plenty to see at the fair grounds. I am looking forward to seeing the factory this year. And taking the tour. I'll be there!
Maybe we'll run into Mori again...ya need to do the tour...Linda and I did it the year before...sadly like I stated before I agree that this seems a little suspicious of the MoCo but I'll withhold judgement...I just have a hard time believing they ain't got an angle...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Guess this will be another planned ride to gather all the Delinquents. Who's leading this one?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
machinist said:
Judging from this link the fairgrounds events were done by an independent contractor. Not too hard to imagine how a setup like this could fall apart.

http://www.cycleprousa.com/showinfo.cfm?showid=88
This was the same outfit that does Carlisle and they ain't no amatures...the first year they ran the show there a few bugs as could be expected but the crowds were huge...

Yeah, we may as well make this an annual event considering it's in our backyard and the fact that we went last year...oh yeah, Doug...tell Lori we can lend her some mittens this year too!!! :265:

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
This was the same outfit that does Carlisle and they ain't no amatures...the first year they ran the show there a few bugs as could be expected but the crowds were huge...

Yeah, we may as well make this an annual event considering it's in our backyard and the fact that we went last year...oh yeah, Doug...tell Lori we can lend her some mittens this year too!!! :265:
That's funny. I'm gonna tell her that one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well!

Here is a snipet from the HD press release regarding the York Open House.

"Our customers told us that they wanted a lower cost and more convenient event – one that didn't involve admission fees," said Mike Laugerman of Laugerman's Harley-Davidson in York. "We're implementing this change to help meet those needs. The event will represent a true homecoming for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts."

Here is the full press release! Not sure where my friend pulled this from, but a copy can be found on http://vtwinplus.com/

Harley-Davidson York Vehicle Operations To Host 2006 Open House
Harley-Davidson Motor Company will host the 2006 York Open House activities on September 28, 29, and 30, 2006 at its Vehicle Operations in York, Pennsylvania.

On site at the Company's Springettsbury Township plant will be the Harley-Davidson 2007 demo fleet, the Harley-Davidson Traveling Museum, the Harley Owner's Group (H.O.G.), The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) Local 175.

"The Open House is an annual opportunity for our customers to come home and see where the bikes were built," said Fred Gates, General Manager of Harley-Davidson's York Vehicle Operations. "The event gives Harley enthusiasts a way to reconnect with old friends and experience some of the most scenic rides in the Northeast."

What's new this year will be a Harley-Davidson dealer shopping area located at the plant. The five area dealers who previously sponsored activities at the York Expo Center will instead participate in a more home-grown event at the York manufacturing facility.

"Our customers told us that they wanted a lower cost and more convenient event – one that didn't involve admission fees," said Mike Laugerman of Laugerman's Harley-Davidson in York. "We're implementing this change to help meet those needs. The event will represent a true homecoming for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts."

Harley-Davidson will again be a presenting sponsor of Bike Night and will work with the City and the York Harley Owner's Association to continue the annual bike parade tradition. The Company is also working with the York County Convention and Visitors Bureau to create and promote other activities of interest to enthusiasts during their stay in York County.

The Eastern Harley-Davidson Dealers Association (EHDDA) will also announce the winner of a 2006 Harley-Davidson FXDI Super Glide as part of the EHDDA's "Ride With Us This Summer" promotional drawing which runs from April 29 through September 18. The winner will be announced on Saturday, September 30th. For more details on how to participate, visit www.RideWithUs.org.

Tours of York Vehicle Operations during Open House will be offered from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. each day of the event. Tour guests must be 12 or older and those over 18 must present a valid, government-issued photo ID. Closed-toe shoes are required for the factory tour and all visitors must pass through a metal detector prior to the start of their tour. 2007 Harley-Davidson Demo rides will be available 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. during all three days of the event. For more information about the York Open House, please call 877-883-1450 or visit www.harley-davidson.com.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
styd24 said:
Well!

Here is a snipet from the HD press release regarding the York Open House.

Just like I thought...totally HD...they'll be missing my business...there are other events

·
Registered
187 Posts
not going

The last Event I went to was last year. We thought it was great. There is a simple solution. Put the dealers at the Plant, have band, venders and bike show at fairgrounds and at that bar on corner. Anyone who doesnt want to pay admission, can just go to Plant and dealers. I personally will not go just to see few dealers at plant. I believe it will lack the bike event atmosphere. Where will the bike builders be. The Ones that give people ideas how to CUSTOMIZE the HARLEY they just bought. Cmon HD get with the program. ITS A SHAME . I personally will hit Killington in Sept instead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts