V-Twin Forum banner

2006 Ultra Classic

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  fastappy 
#1 ·
I friend of mine just bought a new 2006 Ultra Classic. He has not even picked it up yet. And was thinking of getting the HD slash cut exhuast... The service department told him that he would need to do the stage 1 and the $400+ HD race tuner to get the bike right for just over $900. The dealer will not do it if they cant use the race tuner. I had the same exhaust on my 2003 Ultra with the standard stage 1 and ecm download and my bike ran great. Are these guys just giving him a line of BS or what.

He just wants to add a little sound to his bike. He would like to forgo the stage 1 or race tuner upgrade and just add dome slip on's. Any thoughts?

Doug

#4 ·
I can't speak about the 06's, but in general he should consider a Power Commander or SERT (There's a whole section on this forum, describing the differences). He will be able to have the bike really dialed in whatever future changes he makes on the bike. I personally prefer the PCIII which some HD Dealers install (Vallejo HD, etc.) for you and will dyno the bike. If you keep the bike for any lenght of time and make modifications (I'm on my 3rd set of pipes) it will have paid for itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.