V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
He lives........
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) that I am putting SE slip-ons (64903-99) on. Also replacing the stock air filter element only, with a K&N. A dealer that I went to told me that on the 2006 models with this setup, that I should get the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack. I have not heard the best things about the Fuel Pack, one of which is that they only have settings for V&H pipes.

I have seen a lot of conversations on this, but mostly not related to the '06's. I am not looking for major performance gains on this bike, mainly just some better than stock sound. This is a touring bike and would like to keep the mileage.

So, what would be the way to go.......Fuel Pack, Power Commander, SERT kinda seems like overkill for me??:confused:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
A power commander tuned on a dyno will work good and will give you more flexablity in the future ( you know you will be makin more mods) You will be able to add cams,pistons ect. and just have the P.C. recalabrated. I have no experance with the V+H product. The cheep out is a screamin eagle reflash.And they may not have one to fit your mods!
Enjoy: Al

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
racindude said:
So, what would be the way to go.......Fuel Pack, Power Commander, SERT kinda seems like overkill for me??:confused:

Thanks!!
If you want the cheap out don't get the SERT. It will have you changing things and buying more mods for more torque and horsepower later on. I agree that slipons and a flash would probably be the easy out.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Just so you know.....ebay has Power Commander IIIusb 02-06 Touring $269 shipped. Don't get much cheaper than that. Whats a sert going for now days ....$350 to $450.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
. I agree that slipons and a flash would probably be the easy out.
I've had the PCIII ($300) on one HD, the Daytona Twintec ($700) on another, and now have the SERT ($370) on my current Ultra. IMO the SERT is the best of them all.

A $150 flash will still leave you running lean (hot). You will also need to make another purchase should you choose to do anything else to your motor. Get something that will get you where you need to be now, and that can grow with you in the future. Youv'e spent a bundle on the bike...now is no time to go half-assed.:gun:

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
racindude said:
I have a 2006 Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) that I am putting SE slip-ons (64903-99) on. Also replacing the stock air filter element only, with a K&N. A dealer that I went to told me that on the 2006 models with this setup, that I should get the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack. I have not heard the best things about the Fuel Pack, one of which is that they only have settings for V&H pipes.

I have seen a lot of conversations on this, but mostly not related to the '06's. I am not looking for major performance gains on this bike, mainly just some better than stock sound. This is a touring bike and would like to keep the mileage.

Thanks!!

Offered him my PCIIIusb off the Dyna in PM for $200 just to let you guys know. Collecting dust here so maybe someone can get some use out of it.

Brad

·
Registered
203 Posts
racindude said:
I have a 2006 Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) that I am putting SE slip-ons (64903-99) on. Also replacing the stock air filter element only, with a K&N. A dealer that I went to told me that on the 2006 models with this setup, that I should get the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack.

Thanks!!
Any one of the Fuel add-ons (PCIII, DFO's, VH Fuel Pack & HD's SERT, etc) will more than likely affect your mileage since they add fuel to the existing (stock) lean condition. Performance gains would come with SE Air Cleaner (or something similar) and a good performance Pipe.

Consequently, if you do this, you have to either get the re-flash or one of the the fuel monitoring devices. (some get both but in my opinion, I would stick with one of the monitoring devices and save a few dollars on the re-flash.) A re-flash will give you a rev limiter increase that most of the fuel devices can't do except for the SERT. I never get up into that range so it was no big deal.

I know with a Bagger many like to keep the Dual Pipe look, but the SE 2:1 or Supertrapp 2:1 will give you both performance and sound, just a different look:ntlgh: The VH Pro-pipe will give you a louder pipe as it does not have the tunable discs.
Just my
-2$en#e-

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
NCR52 said:
I know with a Bagger many like to keep the Dual Pipe look, but the SE 2:1 or Supertrapp 2:1 will give you both performance and sound, just a different look:ntlgh: The VH Pro-pipe will give you a louder pipe as it does not have the tunable discs.
Just my
-2$en#e-
The Thunder Header 2:1 with false left pipe will give you the performance and the dual look desired. Slice of heaven.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts