V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this bike, it has the security system. I have replaced the batteries, now how do you arm and dis arm the system? I do not have the manual yet but would like to use until the manual arrives. Thanks for all inputs.

·
Registered
622 Posts
fob

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Quickly press the key fob button twice. The system will respond with one turn signal flash. A red flashing key icon will flash on the lower right area of the speedometer.

to disarm - the fob must be pressed twice within 1.5 seconds to send the disarm command. this is similar to double clicking a computer mouse. light quick taps work the best. you may practice this a few times at home before youre on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TBo,
It works great, I just needed to ask the right question at the right place.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
261 Posts
When you arm the bike and it flashes twice, does it chirp twice also? I have a 2006 Ultra and mine does.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
When you arm the bike and it flashes twice, does it chirp twice also? I have a 2006 Ultra and mine does.
I think it has to have the optional siren to chrip.

·
Registered
69 Posts
key fob

On my 06 Ultra you press and hold the fob button to ARM ( the dash signal lights will flash). To de-activate I press 2 times quickly.

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
If it chirps then you have the optional siren installed which means you also have the capability to purchase a remote pager and it will allow you to monitor the status of the alarm from 1/2 a mile away. I use mine all the time when on trips. It's always a gamble if you will find parking where you can watch the bike or if you go to a restaurant and they seat you way in the back, either way the pager sends a signal showing the alarm is on and has not been tripped. If the alarm does go off, the pager will go off or vibrate, depending on how you have it set. You pull your weapon, run outside in a panic and find some idiot posing his kids on your bike for photos... yes it happened to me :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts