V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much or a wrench but tried to get the side piece off so I could mount a new HD sissy bar,,,, took the bolt off the signal on inside of fender and took out the other two bolts forward and back,,, seems a little loose but would not come off... maybe something to do with the signal cause it never got loose. HELP

Keep it simple..

Thanks for the help

Biker Papa:nunu:

·
Bugs
47 Posts
I had the same problem on my 06 1200 C. A little scary, but with care I found that I could slide the sissy bar mount down anyway when the signal lights were fully unbolted (main nut and rear bracket/nut with the wire retainer both removed). Worked fine. Took it off later and installed the detachable instead. No damage to the paint. Gonna put the full non-detachable assembly including the back and pad on eBay when I get around to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sissy bar

Thanks mine is a 2006c 1200 sounds like I did not take the wire retainer or second nut to the turn signal off... as that is the only part that was not loose. And you are right WHEN PAPA ain't Happy AIN"T NOBODY HAPPY

Ride safe. and often

Biker Papa aka Jim:boobies: :boobies:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.