V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a FLTRI 2006 SERT will upgrade to TTS. I realy like the afforadability $100.00 instead of buying a new TTS unit. Anyone upgrade a 2006 SERT to TTS for $100.00?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you decide to buy a TTS unit I have one for sale that can save you some money!! You can see the details in the "For Sale" section of this site.... Thanks....

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Anyone know if a FLTRI 2006 SERT will upgrade to TTS. I realy like the afforadability $100.00 instead of buying a new TTS unit. Anyone upgrade a 2006 SERT to TTS for $100.00?
Depending on who is doing the tuning a SERT can do a fine job. When the SE 120R was installed in my 06 street bob I asked the tuner about upgrading the SERT to TTS. He advised it wasn't necessary, that the SERT was more than capable of handling the job.

My bike dynos at 139.92 hp and 133.7 tq so the SERT must work ok..

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
be careful. follow all directions. your ORIGINAL mte file is long gone.
So do a save before you load a tts map. it wont be your original MTE , but it just might save you,if you lock the ECM out.
on a 06 bike I would just load the software disk. and NOT do A tts update. if you update the software then you will run the risk of locking out the ECM with a newer version.
sucks but it what we/you face now.
I would have just saved my 100.00 bucks. you will not have any "future possibiliys." without using the newer version software resulting in locking the ECM out
....tts :spank:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply S. I m just between a rock and a hard place with my local (In town ) indy shop. Had to go with what he know. Ill let you know when my nail biteing stops.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Thanks for the reply S. I m just between a rock and a hard place with my local (In town ) indy shop. Had to go with what he know. Ill let you know when my nail biteing stops.
That is a tough spot to be in, spending money to satisfy the comfort of the tuner. One of the reasons I sought a different tuner when I did my builds. I wanted to find someone that could effectively use tools that I had / work well, not expect me to live within their comfort. I am sure TTS may have some features that many prefer, I just happen to like the SERT and SE Pro Super Tuner that my bikes are tuned with.

Hope this experience turns out positive for you in the end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's something else to consider. Does HD supply software updates over time? Does TTS supply software updates over time? This might or will be a deciding factor a few years down the road.

My .02

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill have the latest updated version of TTS.
Maybe somewhere down the river Ill invest in 02 sensors and reap the full benifits of the TTS.

Might find this interesting.

My dyno tuner If I had to guess is around 21 years old, so I guess Im on the hook for letting him get another dyno under his belt. The shop has been around a while and has a decent reputation. Now and then you gota let the newbies get some experience. No worries though, he has completed many training courses, recently. Im banking on his eagerness to achieve and be successfull, yet once again and remain confident Ill get a real good tune.

The price is right for the dyno 250.00 and its getting tuned from scratch.

More to follow when its done. I'll post up a print up of the dyno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts