V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if on a 2006 Road King Classic and a 2006 Road Kind Custom its possible to remove the saddlebags? Well......... I'm sure they can be removed, but if done is it a clean look or is there a lot of unfinished framework or rough edges underneath?

Anyone done this?

I like the bags and I will use them a lot, I'm just thinking that in some situations I might want to take them off.

Thanks for any information or comments/criticism

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
There is a company that makes a kit to cover the uglies up when you take the bags off but can't think of it at the moment. try a search on Google. I saw an ad for the kit in a magazine.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
I have to admit that those kits really do the trick! That said, I probably wouldn't take the bags off much anyway. Too much stuff I need in them!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
That is the first one that I have seen the looks good. Usually ugly as sin. But that one looks pretty good.

Probably better off with a fatboy or heritage. If your travelling without bags you don't need a touring bike. If you don't travel with a lot of stuff or use your bike dailly for hauling stuff, you probably don't need a touring bike.

If your doing alot of two up, touring is better. But my guess if you fit in the above category you don't do extended two up.

Save the money and get dyna or softail.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
need something to replace rear fender rail. Thats the ugly part. Didn't see it on the Bruiser site. Might have missed it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
berserker said:
That is the first one that I have seen the looks good. Usually ugly as sin. But that one looks pretty good.

Probably better off with a fatboy or heritage. If your travelling without bags you don't need a touring bike. If you don't travel with a lot of stuff or use your bike dailly for hauling stuff, you probably don't need a touring bike.

If your doing alot of two up, touring is better. But my guess if you fit in the above category you don't do extended two up.

Save the money and get dyna or softail.
Now that I seen the picture, I think it looks better with the bags on anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts