V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GottaRideS'more
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the tech. specs. for the pin configuration on the 2006 Advanced Audio System. Specifically, I want the pin numbers (relative location) for the Rider and/or Passenger microphones and helmet speakers from the perspective of looking at the radio from the rear, or from the perspective of the helmet plug itself.

For example, there are two plug blocks on the rear of the radio. The left block has 3 rows of pins. The top row has 8 pins, the middle row has 7 pins, and the bottom row has 8 pins. I assume that this is the power plug.

The block on the right also has 3 rows of pins. The top row has 12 pins, the middle row has 11 pins, and the bottom row has 12 pins.

If you also have the pin assignments for the helmet plug, that would be just as helpful.

I want to connect the output of my GPS to the microphone input or headphone output (most likely headphone) so I can hear the prompts in my helmet speakers. I know I'll need a diode or two and possibly a resistor. If you're an EE, input on those specs. would be appreciated too!

Thanks.

·
GottaRideS'more
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I accidentally replied to another thread I started re: Harley GPS. I'll post this here also. If a moderator wants to clean this up fine. I tried to delete my other post but it didn't delete.

OK - I've discovered the pins to the speakers and to the microphone.

I think the best route is to purchase the harness that is required to splice the Harley GPS into the audio system for the voice prompts. I assume that there is a third audio input (Rider, passenger, and GPS), and maybe even a fourth for the BlueTooth phone option. Once I discover the pins for the input from the GPS, I will splice the headphone output from my Magellan GPS into the audio system via the new harness. I have gotten this to work by doing testing on the Rider pins (where the riders headset plugs into the bike), and it is so cool. The voice prompts break VOX and are audible through the helmet speakers. I'd rather splice into the harness adapter so I can remove if needed than directly into the existing wiring.

So everyone that has a 2006 comm. system and a third-party GPS with a headphone output should be able to hear their voice prompts through their helmet speakers.

I'll post the results as soon as I get the harness adapter in a few days.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Klang,

Get yourself a 2006 Touring Service Manual. It has all the wiring schematics and diagrams defining your question(s).

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.