V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - this may have been asked before- But I couldn't find it. I have a 2006 Road King Classic with Fuel Injection and have burned the 1st 500 miles with stock pipes. Its way to quet for me and needs more power- need to go with some stage 1 changes.

So here is my ? >> I was looking at changing the pipes to SE slip ons and changinging the air filter so I can keep my stock cover. I like loud but not to loud- a) Am I better off looking at V&H? b) what other changes do i need to make (downloads /power comanders) c) what is a good filter kit. I would like to do this without dropping to much cash. Thanks .. Chip

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
chipper914 said:
Hey all - this may have been asked before- But I couldn't find it. I have a 2006 Road King Classic with Fuel Injection and have burned the 1st 500 miles with stock pipes. Its way to quet for me and needs more power- need to go with some stage 1 changes.

So here is my ? >> I was looking at changing the pipes to SE slip ons and changinging the air filter so I can keep my stock cover. I like loud but not to loud- a) Am I better off looking at V&H? b) what other changes do i need to make (downloads /power comanders) c) what is a good filter kit. I would like to do this without dropping to much cash. Thanks .. Chip
Check out Bobvic2 on ebay for the pipes and www.johnsonenginetechnology.com for the air cleaner and downloads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does J.E.T have the air stack for 2006 EFI models? I thought the bolt-up pattern was different... Who else has the 2006 air cleaner?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
flames95 said:
Does J.E.T have the air stack for 2006 EFI models? I thought the bolt-up pattern was different... Who else has the 2006 air cleaner?
I would call J.E.T. and ask them. They might have already started making a different one if there has been a change. If they haven't I would believe that for right now you are stuck with the Harley units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts