V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 06 elec.glide that sometimes coughs or spitts and dies when you start it up. I changed the pipes, put true duals and screaming eagle mufflers on my bike. Harely said I needed race tuner so I put one on my bike it helped some but still having some problems. Anyone have idels how to stop this problem or any thoughts on it. Looking for some info to help me with this , any response would be apperciated thanks.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
vernman01 said:
I'm a new owner of a 06 elec.glide that sometimes coughs or spitts and dies when you start it up. I changed the pipes, put true duals and screaming eagle mufflers on my bike. Harely said I needed race tuner so I put one on my bike it helped some but still having some problems. Anyone have idels how to stop this problem or any thoughts on it. Looking for some info to help me with this , any response would be apperciated thanks.
They (the HD dudes that sold you the race tuner) should have scanned the ECM to see what problem codes are being registered. They sold you something for $460 to fix a problem; go back and make them do it right. I assume they installed the duals and the SE mufflers??

I have tru-duals on my 06 Ultra along with Rush mufflers and a Race Tuner. No issues so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The key word in race tuner is "TUNER". Now your bike can be tuned. Unless your HD shop did some dyno tuning, all they have done is load an EPA friendly map which won't work with your modifications such as true duals and SE muffflers. Anything outside of the crossed flag arena will have to be done by individual tuning the RT or with a PC.

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
Those are symptoms of a lean condition, which can be fixed with the RT, but only by someone who knows how to use it.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
vernman01 said:
This should get you 85% of the way there. The true duals really change the Ve's of both cylinders....So..start with tha map for an 06 fatboy with slipons and a/c. In the target a/f ratios for both cylinders..reduce any values above 14.0 down to 14.0. leave the timing alone. reduce all the values in the decel enleanment tables by .40. dont touch the the ve numbers as they are already richer than the bagger map. If it should pop on decel..you can cut the decel values some more. Run good fuel...93 or 94 if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts