V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to buy a 2006 1200 Sportster and wondering what I should pay for it. Has a little over 2k on it and is really clean. Only thing I can see that's been done to it is the addition of V&H Straight Shots. Saw it at a metric dealer. An older guy traded it for a Kawasaki of some sort. They're asking $7400.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me! Most the time sellers try to sell for what they bought it new...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
HD dealer offered me $5500 trade-in value on my 2006 1200R with 8000 miles on it (cough, cough). I think my ass is starting to hurt and it ain't from ridin.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
By the way, the bike is pearl yellow with lots of black including sides of tank, the blacked out engine, stage one, slash downs, SE air filter, re-jetted, security and siren, two fobs. Still have time on the warranty. All MoCo tuneups and service (for whatever that's worth) .Got smacked from behind once, MoCo replaced the rear fender and everything runs great. I really love this motorcycle. Close to 9000 miles on it now. 5500 though just seems pitiful.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Offer 6K and see if they bite; they can only say "no".

·
Noch ein bier, bitte
1,537 Posts
HiAngle said:
Offer 6K and see if they bite; they can only say "no".
Yeah, what he said!

I own a 2005 1200C and I wouldn't be very happy to sell it for 6 or 7K$ but the sad fact is it's a buyer's market and that's the way it goes.

That situation works out pretty well for you though! If I was a buyer that price would sound mighty appealing to me if the bike is in really good condition.
-2$en#e-

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I think $7,400 is a very fair price for an 06 XL 1200 with low mileage, but it never hurts to haggle a little.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'm gonna pass on it. I've been looking to pick up either an Electra Glide Standard or Classic and I'm pretty close to selling the wife on the idea. It is no secret that like John Deere tractors, you can never have too many Harley's, but I'm also looking into a new truck and I don't think she's gonna take three new vehicles with a grain of salt.

So if anyone is interested, the Sporty is at Hudson Valley Motorcycle in Ossining, NY.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
I picked up a pristine 07 XL1200L with 7K miles for the wife 2 weeks ago for $7495. Check out this guy http://www.bikerbill.com, great folks to deal with and they'll ship. I drove to Virginia from Georgia for the bike because I couldn't come close to touching the price around here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts