V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics Added now. He has if at home as of yesterday.

Belongs to a friend. I'll put you in contact if you're interested.

Stage I a/c & download, punched stock mufflers.
He sold his Ultra 2 years ago, thought he'd try a Road King this time, wasn't his wife's cup of tea...

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why yes, it's still for sale. Still about 2600 mi, and the '05s came w/ a 2 year warranty, so still about a year left.
Oh, and it's still red as well.

Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmmm.

We agreed to a price, and I offered to wire him $1000.00 no strings attached to hold it till tomorrow. He sold it saying, "I didn't think you were a serious buyer." No matter I just bought a nicer one for $23,000 cash.... He lost out.

Gents, next time the Gunny says, "I'm going to wire you $1000.00 as a deposit", or if anyone else mentions it......we're probably serious buyers.

Mad Dog

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just talked to John (the guy w/ the bike).
It's sold, on the up and up.
Sorry nobody here got it!
Please don't cast aspersions when calls weren't made and parties weren't reachable to verify interest was still genuine...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Have to go with the Gunny on this one. Being in the military myself, there is not a lot that we can rely on out there at times. The only thing for sure is our integrity and our word. Usually, neither will be broken and we are serious about it when we give it.

Sorry the deal went bad and I am not sure what the conversation was you had with him on the bike. Glad you got another one and are happy.

Also have to go with Glide on this too. Not knowing what the conversation was it is going to be a he said/she said argument. Selling on the internet is a funny thing and I have done it a few times with different items. I know my things are legit, but not always sure about the intentions of the buyer. It is usually done on "faith" that something is going to happen and it could go either way.

Good luck to everyone on future internet purchases.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really don't want to get into a he said she said, but as I understand it, John wasn't comfortable with sending his bank info over the net to an unknown individual for the wire transfer, Gunny was to call for it the next day and didn't make the call. The day after the call wasn't made another buyer wanted it, John tried to get ahold of Gunny twice, no answer and the guy wrote John a check on the spot. 20 min later Gunny finally calls (a day late). John had thought he and Gunny departed on good terms and I just don't want to get any of this on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.