V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Low load roughness

My 2006 Nightrod has an annoying miss/roughness around 3000rpm, light load. The dealer says it's normal, but it makes riding it a chore. I bought this bike in 06 and have put about 1,000 miles on it, I like riding it, but between awful cold driveability issues and this ongoing roughness, it just sits in garage. I've had it back to my dealer and their response is, "yes, they all do it, buy a tuner if you want to fix it".

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
2900 is the rpm range that the ecm is tuned for pleasing the epa.All late model efi Harleys need to have the epa removed from them before they are ridden.Unfortunately,it costs several hundred dollars to accomplish this.
I stay away from piggy back tuning devices.I've been stranded hundreds of miles from home from them failing.I use the SERT and a dyno for tuning.Chances of an ecm failing are next to none.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that figures. I have a long ride through a 25mph zone and it hates it.

Is the SERT the best bet for the money? I have quite a bit of experience with EFI Live and HP Tuners, working on GM cars, and I have access to a cycle dyno.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Low load fix?

So what did you do to fix this situation?

I've been looking for a VR for a while now.....the thing I
like about them are the fact they love high rev's......:blurpan:...

I dunno......maybe it's just me.....a hot rod ia a hot rod!

I'll be bummed if it's gotta be drag raced down the driveway...

-

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Seems they all do it. A good tune will cure it and it will purr at all rpms and all loads. Cause is lean in that area of operation. My case it was 2700-3700 rpm. Launch hickup in the 2-2500 area was cured with 14.2 afr extended into 60kpa area.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts